Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer (COO), this individual will be part of our lease administration team reviewing, negotiating, and abstracting leases for our retail store locations. Generally, these are 1,200 to 3,000 square feet spaces in or near high-traffic retail shopping centers that are anchored by major grocery stores, Wal-Mart Super Centers, Super Targets, etc. This position is based at our Administrative Office (HQ) in Irving (Las Colinas), Texas.
- Review, negotiate, and abstract leases
- Process and maintain all pertinent data in the database
- Monitor lease expirations and options for lease renewal
- Process lease renewals and terminations
- Review, negotiate, and process lease assignments
- Conduct “desk audits” to reconcile and process all landlord and vendor recurring and one-time payments; rent roll changes; end-of-year, CPI or percentage rent adjustments
- Process Estoppel Certificates and Subordination, Non-Disturbance and Attornment agreements (SNDAs).
- Reconcile and process all tenant invoices for rent, operating expenses and CPI adjustments
- Support store personnel with Property Management and Facilities related issues.
- Use of demographic and mapping software to support Real Estate Managers
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate’s degree preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications
- Local (Dallas/Fort Worth area) candidates only – no relocation
- Must be currently authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship and not require sponsorship in the future
- 3 years experience in Lease Administration for a corporate real estate department, or a commercial real estate company providing such services for a client corporate real estate department
- Ability to negotiate 70-80 new/renewal leases per year
- Understands standard commercial real estate lease document provisions, preferably relating to retail shopping centers
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Detail oriented, organized, and must be able to work independently with little supervision as well as be a team player
- Previous retail lease negotiating experience required
- Annual salary of $60,000
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Voluntary life/ AD&D
- Short-term & long-term disability
- 401K with company match
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick time
- Paid maternity, paternity, extended medical leave, and jury duty
- Corporate discount program on personal cell phone accounts with select providers
- Business casual work environment
Founded in 1996, Cottonwood Financial is one of the largest privately held retail consumer finance companies in the United States. We have zero debt, have been profitable every year since inception, and our growth is funded entirely through internally generated capital. Headquartered in Irving (Las Colinas), Texas, we have company-owned locations, under our Cash Store brand, across the country. Through this national brick-and-mortar footprint, we provide best-in-class customer service and offer an innovative mix of financial products and services to our customers.
We have been named several times to the Inc. 5000 list of America’s fastest-growing private companies, as well as to the Dallas 100 list of the fastest-growing private companies in North Texas.