Van’s Kitchen is looking for a talented and ambitious recruiter to join our rapidly growing team! This role is mission-critical in continuing to grow and expand our most important resource, our employees. This role will require operational excellence and overall process improvement around all things recruiting. The Recruiting Specialist will be responsible for managing every phase of our recruitment efforts, from identification of potential candidates to interview and evaluation of candidates. This position will research, develop, and implement effective recruiting strategies to attract a diverse pool of qualified and capable talent.
- Develops, facilitates, and implements all phases of the recruitment process.
- Collaborates with department managers to identify and draft detailed and accurate job descriptions and hiring criteria.
- Identifies and implements efficient and effective recruiting methods and strategies based on the available role, industry standards, and the needs of the organization.
- Creates and tracks competitive recruiting sources for which Van’s Kitchen is competing with for organizational talent
- Attracts applicants by placing job advertisements, contacting recruiters, and using newsgroups and job sites.
- Builds applicant sources by researching and contacting community services, colleges, employment agencies, recruiters, media, and internet sites; providing organization information, opportunities, and benefits; making presentations; and maintaining rapport.
- Screens applications and selects qualified candidates.
- Schedules interviews; oversees preparation of interview questions and other hiring and selection materials.
- Evaluates applicants by discussing job requirements and applicant qualifications with managers and interviewing applicants on a consistent set of qualifications.
- Assists with the interview process, attending and conducting interviews with managers, directors, and production employees
- Collaborates with the HR manager and/or other human resource staff during the offer process, identifying and recommending salary ranges, incentives, start dates, and other pertinent details.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and company policies.
- Attends and participates in job fairs and recruiting sessions.
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Proficiency in computer skills such as website management
- Supports workplace diversity
- Familiarity with employment laws, regulations, and best practices applicable to hiring and recruitment.
- Professionalism, organization, and project management skills
- Reliable with a respect to confidentiality
- Must have the ability to be flexible with work schedule when needed
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to multi-task
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least 3 -5 years managing all phases of the recruitment and hiring process.
- Exempt and non-exempt recruiting experience in full life-cycle environment, including management of multiple high-volume roles simultaneously
- SHRMs Talent Acquisition Specialty Credential a plus
- Bi-lingual in English / Spanish and/or English/Vietnamese is preferred. Trilingual is a home run.
Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer. Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Company Match
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
Organizational Culture and Teamwork are important corporate values at Van’s Kitchen. We hope you are interested in exploring joining our growing and dynamic team. To being the interview process, please use the link below to upload your resume, complete some required application questions and complete the Culture Index survey as a first step in the application process. Please click on the link below or copy and paste the below link into your browser's address bar to view complete the application process.
Van’s Kitchen is an equal opportunity employer and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. People Team is designated to handle inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies and may be reached at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].