The Regional Manager has oversight of the planning, organization and direction of the activities of the clinic supervisory team at their assigned clinics within the Dallas/Fort Worth market.
- Provides supervision, development and mentoring, evaluation and management of the assigned clinics and clinic supervisory staff.
- Monitors compliance of all clinic metrics (Customer Service, Membership, Retention, Quality, etc.)
- Assists in the preparation, implementation and adherence to clinic budgets.
- Ensures that the assigned region is well promoted and properly represented through marketing and community relations.
- Provides continual process improvement including all clinic processes and/or services.
- Coordinates and guides integration of new business ventures, programs and clinics.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree in Healthcare or Business Administration, or a related field. (8 years of comparable work experience may be submitted in lieu of bachelor's degree.)
- 4+ years of progressive experience in medical practice management.
- Comfortable with mentoring, coaching, and training staff for internal mobility and advancement.
- Effective ability to develop interpersonal relationships and provide strong customer service and relationship building skills to assist in marketing, attending community events and promoting the clinics and services offered.
- Must be willing to travel to assigned clinics within the greater Dallas/Fort Worth area to oversee clinics and staff.
- Proficiency in basic computer systems and applications required (i.e. Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Ability to demonstrate independent initiative, make sound decisions using effective problem solving techniques.
- Ability to develop and present comprehensive reports.
- Experience with analyzing and developing strategies to identify gaps in metrics and quality improvement measures.
- Ability to effectively communicate (both written and verbal) in a professional manner.
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Thisposition requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity toMeasles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis throughlab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor'sdiagnosis of disease
- Prefer experience in a managed care medical practice or MSO environment.
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 380,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Keywords: Clinic Manager, Clinic Supervisor, Dallas, Texas, TX, Clinic Operations, MHA, Clinic Administration