Shopping is a great way to work up an appetite, and Food@Macy’s offers exciting jobs and great opportunities in an area that’s changing the way people experience our stores. The secret to our success is our mix of skilled, passionate culinary enthusiasts so whether you want to join the prep team or manage one of our restaurants, there’s a great job waiting for you.
- Follows Food Division Standards and Best Practices.
- Produce craveable food products in batches by following recipes or build sheets according to company standards.
- Demonstrate a current working knowledge of all recipes.
- Put away stock according to standards.
- Follow food safety standards and maintain work area and equipment in accordance with Health Department standards.
- Educate, sample, and serve customers food products.
- Demonstrate MAGIC selling skills.
- Effectively deal with multiple customers and communicate customer requests or concerns to other associates and manager on duty.
- Follow station specific duties and responsibilities.
- Open and close area following appropriate checklist, verifying completion with Manager on Duty prior to leaving the area.
- Follow production guides, maintain stock levels and standards in product presentation.
- Maintain personal hygiene and professional dress code to comply with company and Health Department standards.
- Assist other associates to ensure all kitchen duties are completed and customer service standards are maintained.
- Maintain a safe work area.
- Assist with special events.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- No specific educational accomplishment is necessary.
- Previous restaurant/hospitality experience is preferred but not required.
- Health department license or certification and/or alcohol certification as required by state or local requirement.
- A Food Handler's certificate may be required for food service employees who prepare, store or serve food at restaurants, coffee bars or any other food service establishment prior to starting employment in a food operation at Macy’s.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, reports, and procedure manuals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish is preferred but not required.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Able to use a calculator.
- Must be able to make change using American monetary units.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to follow instructions.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- Must be able to move and/or lift at least 30 lbs.
- Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Must meet any state and or local age requirements for serving alcoholic beverages.
- Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.