This is a contract role.
location: Dallas, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 66 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 10 Years
- Well versed in risk management / safety & soundness principles for large banks/financial institutions (total assets ?$50 billion).
- Deep understanding of bank safety & soundness standards including capital, asset quality, management, earnings, liquidity, and market risk, including Regulations O and W.
- Reviewing the validation of enterprise risk issues to assess the appropriateness, completeness, effectiveness, and sustainability of corrective actions taken.
- Practical experience as a consultant, banking official, or bank regulator in the enterprise risk governance framework.
- Familiarity with the OCC, FRB, and FDIC risk management/safety & soundness examination procedures, including regulatory guidance (e.g., OCC Bulletins, FRB SR letters, FDIC FILs, etc.)
- Familiarity with remediation or validation of regulatory mandates (MRAs, MRIAs, MRBAs, etc.) stemming from enforcement actions such as Consent Orders, Cease & Desist Orders, MOUs, etc.
- Independent verification of remediation and / or mitigating controls, and sustainability for enterprise risk issues as defined by organization polices (Issue Management and Enterprise Risk Management policies).
- Reviewing the validation of milestones associated with identified issues.
- Oversee the planning and validation reviews within required timeframes and in accordance with established processes and procedures including the Independent Monitoring, Testing, and Validation Policy and Procedures.
- Communicate the validation process, status, and results to business partners
- Provide credible challenge and recommendations resulting from validation work to risk and business partners.
- Facilitate an efficient and valued validation review process.
- Validate and communicate potential issues and results of testing to the appropriate parties, including senior management.
- Drafts the related audit issues and audit reports for issuance to respective client leadership conducting follow-up activities.
- Evaluate the adequacy of process design, identify process risk points, and evaluate adequacy of corresponding internal controls.
- Propose practical and value-added recommendations to address control weaknesses, gaps, and/or process inefficiencies, and document clear evidential support for findings.
- Participate in closing meetings at the end of fieldwork and develop articulate and concise explanations for identified issues.
- 5-10 years of relevant work experience in compliance, risk, or audit function in large financial services institution or equivalent audit or consulting experience to include top tier firm
- Subject matter expert knowledge in Audit theory with experience in one or more of the following areas: enterprise risk management and risk management
- Perform audits in accordance with IIA standards and company methodology
- Evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls and adherence to established policies, procedures, and/or regulatory guidance
Required Qualifications (Auditor in Charge)
- 10 years of relevant work experience in compliance, risk, or audit function in large financial services institution (total assets ? $50 billion) or equivalent audit or consulting experience to include top tier firm.
- Demonstrated experience working in a highly regulated environment.
- Subject matter expert knowledge in a specific area of compliance laws, regulations and regulatory expectations.
- Manages one or more engagements, varying in complexity, and often participates in highly complex and cross-functional risk-based assurance and advisory engagements driving quality of audit work.
- Depending on need, may also lead engagements as Auditor-In-Charge (AIC). Manages strategic initiatives and assists with the development and implementation of a risk-based audit plan.
- Serves, and/or partners with subject matter e
skills: Regulatory Compliance - Other
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.