Allied Universal is looking to hire a Global Security Operations Center Operator. The Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) Operator, under guidance of GSOC Supervisor, is responsible for assisting company personnel in all concerns that pertain to safety and security for corporate locations around the globe. The individual will work in a GSOC environment, monitoring several screens. The Operator will use a variety of tools that range from access control and alarm monitoring systems to various business intelligence sources, open source media, Internet, and in-house tools. The Operator is required to detect, analyze, and alert others of any incidents which may impact the client’s people, products, property, or brand image. These may range from extreme weather conditions, political instability, crime, terror, to technical failures.
Essential Job Functions:
- Investigate alarms and respond by sending security patrol, or alerting Fire services or Police as needed
- Assisting company employees in all concerns that pertain to safety and security
- Monitoring travel safety and security of company’s employees
- Conducting ongoing review of multiple systems and sources to detect potential risks
- Notifying and coordinating corporate response by distribution of advisories and other communications
- Compiling daily reports and incident reports
- Following procedures for managing a variety of incidents, from minor incidents handled at the local level to global crises
- Provides back-up, support, and on-call function as needed
Additional Job Functions:
- Perform other related duties and special projects as required
- Gather and prepare reports on individual and team performance metrics
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- At least 18 years of age
- Valid guard card/license, as required in the state for which you are applying.
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test
- Associate’s degree or 2+ years of equivalent work experience in Military, Law Enforcement, Government, Corporate Security
- Strong Customer Service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to read, write, and speak clearly in English
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced, at times stressed work environment
- Strong team player
- Comfortable with high-tech work environment, and constant learning of new tools and innovations
- Flexibility to work all shifts, and willingness to assist the team with overtime when needed
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows and Office Suite
- Prior experience in a security operations center, TOC, or similar is highly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, International Affairs/Relations/Business, Emergency Management, Political Science, Criminal Justice or related discipline
- Experience with security systems, including alarm monitoring, electronic access control, and CCTV
- Supervisory experience, ideally in a security role
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of this job. They should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, requirements, skills, and standards required to perform essential job functions.
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America’s leading security services provider. With over 200,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUS.com.
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.