Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Chief Operating Office (COO) is responsible for delivering a more consistent approach to business operations across Wells Fargo, strengthening the company's risk and control infrastructure, and delivering effective and efficient enterprise services to employees and customers.
The COO group includes the head of Operations, who is jointly responsible for line of business operations with each of the five LOB CEOs. Operations functions include contact center operations, client servicing support, money movements within our businesses, lending operations, and other functions.
The COO group also includes a number of teams dedicated to strengthening Wells Fargo's risk and control infrastructure. These include the Control Executive team; Regulatory and Policy Affairs; Enterprise Customer Excellence; Sales Practices Oversight and Management; and Strategic Execution and Operations.
The Chief Administrative Office, encompassing the Corporate Properties Group; Corporate Security; Enterprise Business Resiliency; Strategic Programs and Process Improvement; Enterprise Change Management; Supply Chain Management; and Data Management and Insights, delivers important services for our employees and customers.
The Data Management Senior Consultant will have primary responsibility for delivering a key initiative(s) within the Enterprise Finance initiative portfolio by providing consulting and delivery services on data management focused efforts. This position will report into the Business Data Leader for Financial Data Services and has responsibility to manage relationships with key LOB and WFT stakeholders to ensure they have a holistic picture of data activities for a particular reporting line within Enterprise Finance. This position can fluctuate between multiple small to medium work efforts to one or two large efforts depending on priorities. Must be able to develop relationships with partners that demonstrate a value add service. This role requires self-starters that, preferably, have had similar roles in the past in which a wide variety requests must be acted upon in a timely manner. This position will also have responsibilities to defining the data strategy for Enterprise Finance.
Other job responsibilities include:
- Define scope of work and negotiate objectives
- Support regulatory and audit reviews and engagements as needed
- Coordinate and ensure delivery across multiple partners including DMI, WFT and Enterprise Finance
- Manage relationships, drive prioritization, and negotiate delivery approaches, timeline and scope with LOB executives
- May have matrix management responsibilities but no direct management expected at this time
- 10+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: data management, data governance, data quality or data analysis
- 10+ years of relationship building experience across multiple business lines
- 5 + years of leadership experience including coaching, training, and mentoring
- 5+ years of experience performing data profiling
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: conduct risk, compliance, operational risk management audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk; or 6+ years of business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 3+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination thereof
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including those related to conflict resolution
- Ability to motivate a team and lead strategic initiatives, collaborating across a large organization and multi-tasking as required
- Strong negotiation and leadership abilities
Other Desired Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience working with banking industry compliance requirements
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- Ability to provide and work from a home office
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
TX-DAL-Downtown Dallas: 1445 Ross Ave - Dallas, TX
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.