Our direct client has an urgent opening for a Senior Network Engineer to join their team as a permanent/full-time employee. For now, this person will be working 100% remote until Covid restrictions are lifted and staff are able to come back to work onsite. This company offers amazing benefits and perks and the opportunity to work on a beautiful campus they have for their corporate headquarters.
Manager Notes & Position Overview:
- This position will require Voice experience; specifically, Cisco Unified Communications (UC)
- The main thing the client needs is for this Sr. Network Engineer to be able to support Level 2/3 issues with the following platforms: Cisco, Arista, F5, Palo Alto, and Aruba.
- This Sr. Network Engineer needs experience with VPN tunneling and needs to have advanced knowledge/experience with the following network protocols and how they are used: MPLS, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, VPN, QoS, NHRP, and GRE)
- Will need to know how to create new IP’s
- Must have at least 3+ years (more is better) of experience with F5 Load Balancing and will be required to help with the F5 issues being experienced due to the client’s network having grown and are now having a loading problem.
- Will need to know how to lock down a firewall.
- Facilitates the planning, forecasting, implementation, and operational support for network of moderate to high complexity.
- Responsible for the administration and maintenance of client’s network infrastructure.
- Required to keep abreast of emerging technologies and provide recommendations where necessary. Performs and manages network problem resolution and oversees the development and documentation of best practices.
- Performs or manages large network design upgrades and hardware reconfigurations.
- Conducts network studies and traffic analyses, prepares forecasts of network traffic and capacity, and recommends modifications to the network configurations that reduce costs or improve service. Utilizes network management software to produce appropriate metric reports.
- Troubleshooting & Support
- Serves as a technical resource on large scale network/security issues.
- Acts as a subject matter expert and also provides support for network/security related incidents. Proactively monitors and measures the overall infrastructure performance and recommends or drives the necessary corrective measures, if necessary.
- Participates in on-call rotation requiring troubleshooting during off hours.
- Implements and supports network/security devices including firewalls, IDS/IPS, ACLs, and various other security devices.
- Adheres to industry accepted network/security best practices.
- Produces and reports on cyber threats as they relate to the company and industry.
- Conducts vulnerability scans against company owned assets to assist in determining security posture.
- Policies, Standards, Guidelines, Procedures, and Audits
- Assists in the development of network/security policies, standards, guidelines, and procedures relevant to IT infrastructure.
- Participates in audits providing requested network/security information on time and as requested by the audit teams.
- Adheres to SOX, PCI, and local regulatory requirements to ensure compliancy.