There's an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Nursing here isn't for everybody. Instead of seeing a handful of patients each day, your work may affect millions for years to come. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Optum/USMD Senior Oncology Infusion Nurse Oversees daily clinical operation, to include RN and MA supervision, while providing direct patient care, educates, collaborates, and counsels patients and caregivers in a clinic setting. The Sr infusion RN assesses physical, psychosocial, and learning needs of patients and families. They care for critically or chronically ill cancer patients by administering treatment and providing information and support. The Senior Oncology Infusion Nurse reports to the regional nurse manager and will work collaboratively with the center's Practice Manager, Providers, Pharmacist, and other staff to ensure the overall workflow offers an optimal patient experience and is managed in a safe and efficient manner.
- Direct management of Nursing Staff personnel, including performance and annual reviews, oversight of staff credentials, and routine skills assessments
- Ensure patient care is delivered appropriately and consistent with best - practices and industry standard measures
- Provides direct care to patients by conducting patient histories and assessments, including symptoms, performance status score, and clinical changes from the previous visit, and formulates a care plan for patients and families
- Administers blood products, medications, antineoplastic agents, analgesics, and hematopoietic growth factors to patients with cancer, adhering to age-specific guidelines and standards
- Follows standard policies and procedures for medical orders according to the antineoplastic agents, analgesics, hematopoietic growth factors, immunosuppressive agents, and antiemetics being administered while following regulations and policies for safe handling and patient protection
- Demonstrates competency in the performance of simple and complex diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, such as venipuncture, administration of IV fluids, care of vascular access devices, and declotting of lines
- Assures pre-authorization and appropriate consent forms are obtained prior to administration of therapies. Demonstrates knowledge of ambulatory infusion pump use and maintenance, cleaning pumps after use, and proper documentation of pump usage
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Graduate from an accredited program for professional nursing education, BSN preferred
- Current, unrestricted Texas RN License or current, unrestricted compact state RN License
- BLS certification
- Experience administering chemotherapy or other infusion treatments
- 3+ years of Oncology RN experience
- 1+ years of lead or charge nurse experience
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and/or patient sites within a designated area
This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor's diagnosis of disease
- Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN) required (or willing to obtain within one year from start date)
- Evidence of successful completion of didactic education and competency validation regarding safe handling, administration, patient education and support, and disposal of chemotherapy, targeted therapy, and immunotherapy (or willing to obtain within 30 days from start date)
- Experience working in an outpatient Hematology Oncology clinic and use of Karnofsky Performance Status Scale
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 380,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare's support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Nurse, Oncology, Infusion, Chemotherapy, Cancer Treatment