LEONARDO DRS (“DRS”) is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, DRS is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A, which employs more than 60,000 people worldwide. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
Overview of Electro Optical Infrared Systems
The Electro Optical Infrared Systems (EOIS) line of business within DRS has locations in Dallas, TX, Melbourne, FL, and Cypress, CA. EOIS develops, manufactures, and supports infrared and electro-optical solutions for soldiers, ground vehicles and airborne platforms. We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a business culture that rewards performance.
Employing the world’s brightest. Supporting the world’s bravest.
The senior embedded Software Engineer will be an integral part of our Electro Optical Infrared System (EOIS) Software Development Team. Responsible for leading technical activities and completion of these activities on time and budget. Develop embedded software and PC tools including operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases, and Internet-related tools. Determine hardware compatibility. Complete documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. Interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications. Ability to lead a technical project independently.
Basic Qualifications and Required Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related engineering technical field with a minimum of 5 years of experience
- 3+ years of real time embedded SW design experience
- Demonstrate experience with Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS), and have experience in bare-metal implementation for embedded system
- Experience with embedded device drivers (TCP/IP, UART, I2C, PCIe, etc.) preferably on Linux
- Solid understanding of multi-threading/multi-processing; concepts and implementations
- Strong development experience in C or C++ (3+ years)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including MS PowerPoint, MS Word and MS Excel
- Motivated, self-starter individual
- Experience in initial hardware start-up and troubleshooting techniques
- Familiarity with oscilloscopes and logic analyzers
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Capable of integrating hardware and software and developing test plans and procedures
- Lead and direct the work of others as assigned
- Experience with modern software development processes, including software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, peer review, and agile development life cycles.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports and participates in technical activity
- Designs, develops, analyzes, documents and supports testing of products, systems or subsystems
- May use computer-aided engineering or other design/analysis software in the performance of assignments
- Provides regular reporting of progress and status
- Responsible for completion of assigned task on time and meeting technical requirements
- Reviews customer specifications and requirements, and under direction develops designs to best support them, including cost as a key design variable
- Supports the program design to cost and design for manufacture requirements
- Develops prototypes to retire key development risks as directed
- Supports, communicates, reinforces and defends the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Other duties as assigned
Only candidates that meet the qualifications set forth above are eligible to be contacted for further information. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #EOIS