Kforce has a client in Irving, TX that is seeking a Senior Software Engineer - Storage.
Want to be a part of a team creating a new high-performance storage solutions? The Senior Software Engineer will work under minimal direction to design and develop high performance storage algorithms for the next generation of NVME over Fabrics storage solutions. This is an opportunity to own critical algorithms that must be invented to match the performance of next generation solid state storage technologies. The Engineer must have the ability to discuss and analyze abstract algorithms with the team to evaluate and refine the design prior to implementation. Additionally, the Engineer will be responsible for translating the design to an implementation in C/C++ with a clear understanding of practical system issues. The Engineer must have the technical ability to write functional specs and respond to requirement documents and system level test plans, propose design changes and suggestions to team, collaborate with engineers and other product groups as needed cross functionally.
- Algorithm and protocol design and implementation in C/C++
- System, network, and cluster performance analysis, including root causing performance issues using creative experiments and internally developed product features
- Write organized, efficient, and well documented C/C++ code
- Participate in automated test planning and implementation as part of a continuous deployment environment
- Participate in all product and component design reviews to suggest improvements
- Provide instructions and guidance on best practices to junior members of the team
- Use scripting languages to automate tasks and gather data