Title: Senior Software Engineer - Strong VOIP software development
Location: Dallas TX OR REMOTE
Assignment: Contract to hire
Our client is searching for a Senior Software Engineer who has experience with SIP-based telephony applications to join our VOIP engineering team. The ideal candidate will have experience with telephony protocols including SIP and proficiency in developing applications using C/C++, particularly on Linux.
A sound technical understanding of the VOIP stack and the ability to work independently and collaboratively with a diversified cross functional team will be required to succeed. This team develops and evolves our VOIP solutions which include proprietary SIP based phone platforms and Asterisk. Services within this area allow our customers to communicate via multiple technologies including tablets, cell phones, and custom communication devices.
The VOIP engineering team embraces a unique style of Agile software development where a small core set of engineers, QA, and Product team members deliver on a roadmap of key Epics that are broken down into sprints within the systems they own.These teams are cross-functional and collaborate with multiple teams who work on related systems and supporting applications within our ecosystem.
You're a great fit for our engineering team if you collaborate well with others, can work independently, and are motivated and passionate about what we do and how you can contribute to it. Come join us and turn your talent into technology that changes lives.
- Develop VOIP applications using C/C++.
- Develop supporting applications using .NET, particularly C#.
- SQL programming/scripting and database design
- Collaborate with architects, engineers, and others to ensure the design, development, and quality release of all software artifacts using Agile
- Software implementation including unit and integration testing of defined Architecture/Design
- Participate in daily scrums, backlog grooming, story-mapping, sprint planning, sprint reviews, and sprint retrospectives within your team.
- Refine, estimate, and decompose user stories into technical implementation tasks in close collaboration with your peers.
- Create quality documentation, including flowcharts, diagrams, and written documentation describing features and functionality.
- Ensure that coded features and functionality meet requirements, including those related to system performance, response, redundancy, security, scale, metrics, and tracking.
- Maintain excellent test coverage for every piece of code written.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Software Engineering or related field; 4 years of related experience in lieu of a degree.
- A minimum of 5 years of software engineering experience
- Proficiency in developing applications using C/C++, particularly on Linux
- Proficiency in developing support applications using .NET, particularly C#
- Proficient in Windows and Linux Operating Systems
- Knowledge of telephony protocols including SIP, T1, and Analog
- Knowledge of networking protocols including TCP and UDP
- Experience using SQL (Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, MariaDB)
- Scrum or experience in similar Agile development methodologies
- Experience with Jira and Confluence or similar ticketing and collaboration software tools
- Application of sound judgment, strong problem-solving skills with the ability to think creatively
- Able to work within a collaborative environment and autonomously
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Voice Biometrics, AWS and Android development experience a plus
- Experience building service-oriented solutions via Web Services and APIs
RCM Technologies is a leading provider of IT Business Solutions and Engineering Services to over 1,000 clients in the commercial and government sectors. RCM partners with clients to define implement and manage a broad range of technologies across multiple platforms, systems, and networks. Our broad geographic presence ensures that a proven and reliable tactical and strategic capability is available and deployable virtually everywhere in North America.
RCMTechnologies, (USA) Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. RCMT encourages applicants of all ages.