Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 107,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries
About Abbott Diagnostics
Diagnostic testing is a compass, providing information that helps in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of a range of health conditions.
Abbott’s life-changing tests and diagnostic tools give you accurate, timely information to better manage your health. We’re empowering smarter medical and economic decision making to help transform the way people manage their health at all stages of life. Every day, more than 10 million tests are run on Abbott’s diagnostics instruments, providing lab results for millions of people.
Position Summary & Location
Abbott Diagnostics Business is hiring a developer proficient in C#/.Net to build complex Windows client software. The fundamental function for this role will be the design and development of applications to support extensions to our current Transfusion Product offerings. You will work on building software to simulate our transfusion instruments to allow our software engineers to test their software at their workstations. You will be a key contributor in a fast track development program for a medical diagnostic system.
This position can be based in our Lake County, IL or Irving, TX office.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Software development responsibilities include executing software development life cycle activities from software requirements, design and implementation through design verification.
- Responsible for fault isolation, troubleshooting, and root cause analysis activities during development.
- Able to apply the latest software design and development tools and techniques as required.
- Must have skills to plan and schedule own work activities, coordinate activities with others software engineers and review other software engineer’s work.
- Break larger projects into smaller ones that can be delivered iteratively, using an agile mindset.
- Collaborate closely with all the other members of the team to take shared responsibility for the overall efforts that the team has committed to.
- Work with existing toolsets while simultaneously bringing new ideas and approaches into the team.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelors in Electrical or Computer Science or related engineering or scientific field.
- 5 yrs. relevant experience and a bachelor’s degree or 3 yrs. with MS. Experience should be related to software design and/or coding.
- Good knowledge of software engineering principles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Experience in C#, .Net development
- Good understanding of object-oriented design and development.
- Understanding of architecture and design across multiple systems.
- Demonstrated ability to set and meet tight deadlines and function well under pressure.
- Prior experience developing medical regulated software.
- Working knowledge of Atlassian Suite - BitBucket, JIRA, Bamboo & Confluence
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.