11-12 Month Contract
Hours: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
● Interface with systems and software development personnel, test and evaluation personnel, and project managers.
● Review and approve systems, software and test equipment requirements, design and test documentation for compliance to process requirements and standards.
● Participate/interface with the engineering counterparts on program activities to assure processes and products are compliant to contractual and company process requirements and standards.
● Participate in the software change control process boards.
BS Degree required: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
● Min. of 11 years directly related work experience w/ aerospace/defense industry software processes (such as RTCA DO-178, RTCA DO-254, SAE ARP-4754, MIL-STD-498, etc.).
● Experience with government customers projects preferred.
● Experience with FAA projects preferred.
● Demonstrated basic understanding of audit techniques.
● Demonstrated basic understanding of software development methods and software testing methods.
● Ability to interpret schematic drawings, specifications, contracts that will enable development and review of systems & software processes.
● Experience in software requirements development.
● Software design & coding (C/C++, Ada, or other embedded programming languages).
● Embedded software/hardware verification background or knowledge.
● Proficient skill level with Microsoft Office applications
● Generates the Software Quality Assurance Plan (SQAP) for every program based on the software planning documents. The SQAP includes lifecycle model for software development, defined entry/exit criteria for each lifecycle phase, identification of verification/validation activities, software configuration management procedures, SQA corrective action system and identification of software supplier (if applicable).
● In coordination with Software Configuration Management, evaluates program plans, verifies software builds and loads, and ensure that software documentation is place under configuration control prior to delivery to the customer.
● Participates in formal software review and audits of Deliverable Software throughout the software development life cycle (i.e. System Requirements Review, System Design Review, Software Specification Review, Preliminary Design Review, Critical Design Review, Test Readiness Review, Functional Configuration Audit, Physical Configuration Audit, and Formal Qualification Review).
● Evaluates Software Documentation to ensure software specification requirements have been properly addressed.
● Performs evaluations of the software engineering practices to assure contractual compliance and adherence to the Software Development Plans.
● Participates, as a team member, in code reviews conducted by Engineering to ensure program code meets approved performance/design specifications and programming standards/conventions.
● Conducts selective in-process code evaluations by desk checking and walkthrough reviews to ensure requirements are fulfilled and proper coding practices followed.
● Conducts periodic software engineering evaluations of the software development files for adherence to company policy and contractual requirements.
● Evaluates Software Qualification Test plans, descriptions, procedures, and reports.
● Retains historical evidence maintained for the purpose of rendering specific knowledge of events, actions or operations affecting the quality characteristics of the end product; thereby providing a basis for management action. Such records shall be made available to the government representative for review upon request.
● Reviews and approves software suppliers’ work to ensure contractual compliance, technical, and process activities during software development for produced software artifacts.
● Generates/updates manuals and SQA policies as needed for SQA activities.