Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure; provides information security; and enables Wells Fargo global customers to have 24 hours a day, 7 days a week banking access through in-branch, online, ATMs, and other channels.
Our mission is to deliver stable, secure, scalable, and innovative services at speeds that delight and satisfy our customers and unleash the skills potential of our employees.
The Software SR Engineer is regarded across the enterprise as an expert in multiple identified areas of expertise with responsibility for developing standards and enterprise-wide best practices and for engineering complex, largescale technology solutions to address highly complex and cross-organizational issues. Design, code, test, debug and document programs using Agile development practices.. Maintains broad knowledge of other technology engineering disciplines and collaborating with other key experts to ensure we are making the right technology choices for Wells Fargo. Translates advanced technology experience, an in-depth knowledge of the organizations tactical and strategic business objectives, the enterprise technological environment, the organization structure, and strategic technological opportunities and requirements into technical engineering solutions. Expert resource for architects in the development of target architectures to ensure that they can be properly designed and implemented through sound engineering practices. Maintains knowledge of industry best practices and new technologies and recommends innovations that enhance operations and/or provide a competitive advantage to the organization. Provides expert counsel to senior technology leadership and advises and mentors others with the goal of knowledge transfer. Will represent Wells Fargo to external industry groups, influencing industry standards. Expert resource for architects in the development of target architectures to ensure that they can be properly designed and implemented through sound engineering practices. Provides expert counsel to senior technology leadership and advises and mentors others with the goal of knowledge transfer. Represents Wells Fargo to external industry groups, influencing industry standards.
The Wealth and Investment Management Platform team provides support for Wealth and Investment Management line of business applications. This includes Payables and Receivables, Commercial Card, Account Reconciliation and Disbursements, Lockbox, Information Reporting, and Pricing Tools, as well as, Enterprise payment applications, including ACH, Wires, and Secure Transmission applications. The team is accountable for the availability, stability, resiliency and operational health of all platforms aligned with TMPS. The team will partner with all teams in Wells Fargo including those in business operations to ensure all our customer transactions and associated technologies are monitored for operational health, performance, capacity and availability. The team will also play a key role in enabling and driving forward the agile acceleration and DevOps changes currently underway. Team members within this function will ensure availability is paramount, including our critical obligation of protecting our customer’s information.
We are hiring Senior Production Support Engineer to join the (Platform Services Wealth Investment Management Technology Team.) The Senior Production Support Engineer will deliver enterprise capabilities that improve overall availability of 600 applications across the Wealth and Investment business lines. We are looking for a senior-level engineer who enjoys and thrives on solving complex problems through innovation impacting change at scale.
You will join an elite team of engineers driving Technology's transformation by introducing enterprise capabilities and products, launching new platforms, building tools, automating away complex issues, and integrate with the latest technology. The team will leverage experience as software engineers and systems engineers/administrators and work closely with the rest of the WIM development and architecture teams.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Strong Operations and application support background with an expertise in writing code, building automation and enabling DEVOPS and Site Reliability Engineer practices.
- Apply technology background in software engineering, SRE, multi Cloud platform management, DevOps, CI/CD, Observability, and Continuous Testing to deliver and introduce new technology capabilities to solve operational issues in a multi-cloud technology landscape
- Ensure the applications are available, have full-stack observability, and are integrated with CI/CD and always-on by introducing continuous improvement through code, automation, self E healing/autonomic capabilities, APIs, continuous testing (performance, smoke, regression, functional, chaos) and providing operational insight through analytics.
- Assess the availability of critical business flows, identify service level objectives and indicators, and conduct destructive and resiliency testing to reach 99.995% availability for the firm's critical products and services leading to improved customer experience and customer satisfaction.
- Instrument applications for enterprise observability through Application Monitoring, Logging, Visualization, Analytics, and AI/ML.
- Explore continuous inspection capabilities code quality to identify problems before they manifest in production.
- Introduce and expand AIOps, ChatOps, NoOps, build machine learning (ML) models and algorithms, and robotic process automation (RPA) to solve complex operational and systemic issues, and to improve availability of products to customers.
- Share support responsibilities for critical applications, to identify systemic issues, conduct blameless post mortems, root cause analysis, and introduce strategic solutions in code that solve the problem and eliminate repeat issues.
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- 5+ years of product development or product management experience
- 3+ years of build-deploy automation and configuration experience within the Linux and Unix environment
- 5 + years of experience developing or supporting IT Service Management solutions (e.g. Incident Management, Change Management, Asset Management and Configuration Management)
- 3+ years of experience with Cloud technologies
- 7+ years of front end software engineering experience
- An industry-standard technology certification
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Knowledge and understanding of technology server: system administration
- Knowledge and understanding of Artificial Intelligence (AI) disciplines such as Machine Learning or Natural Language Processing
- Experience with one or a combination of the following: Java, Python, API Calls, Reverse Proxy, or Process Automation
- Experience with Ansible automation tool
- Strong communication skills and ability to articulate complex material to a diverse audience
- Experience with version control or source code repositories to include: Jenkins, GitHub, Artifactory or XMLSpy
- Working knowledge of Cloud Platforms in one or a combination of the following: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF)
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience with one or more Observability/Monitoring tools: Elastic, Kibana, Grafana, AppDynamics, New Relic, DataDog, Kafka, CloudWatch, Jaeger, Zipkin, Big Panda, Splunk, TrueSight
- Experience with one or more Testing Frameworks: Selenium, JMeter, Blazemeter, Performance Center, Perfecto, Cucumber, Gherkin, ALM, Gremlin, Chaos Monkey, Chaos Toolkit, Simian Army, Toxi Proxy
- Hands on experience with development experience to build solutions and tools
- 3+ years of experience with Waterfall and Agile project methodologies
- Willingness to work on-site at stated location on the job opening
NY-New York: 30 Hudson Yards - New York, NY
NY-New York: 150 E 42nd St - New York, NY
MO-Saint Louis: 1 N Jefferson Ave - Saint Louis, MO
TX-Irving: 2975 Regent Blvd - Irving, TX
TX-DAL-Downtown Dallas: 1445 Ross Ave - Dallas, TX
VA-Glen Allen: 4340 Innslake Dr - Glen Allen, VA
NC-Charlotte: 300 S Brevard St - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
MN-Mankato: 1901 Bassett Dr - Mankato, MN
NJ-North Brunswick: 100 Fidelity Plz - North Brunswick, NJ
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
AZ-PHX-Northwest Phoenix: 2222 W Rose Garden Ln - Phoenix, AZ
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.