The Senior Accountant is responsible for assisting the Accounting Manager with coordinating daily financial activities of the Accounting Department, including month-end close and various projects. In doing so, this position will coordinate the day-to-day activities of one or more accountants. This position will have significant input into the review and development of accountants; however, it will not have direct HR responsibility.
The Senior Accountant responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Coordinate the day-to-day activities of and review the work performed by one or more accountants
- Assist in leading the month-end close and consolidation process to ensure timelines for reporting are achieved.
- Leads and motivates team to achieve fullest potential.
- Provides upper management with the necessary data to make business decisions by performing cost/benefit/variance analysis as required.
- Responds with a sense of urgency to any request or issue; provides information and/or resolution in an expeditious manner.
- Responds effectively to very sensitive inquiries and complaints.
- Creates detailed spreadsheets to convey financial information.
- Writes reports, business correspondence, and procedural manuals.
- Interacts effectively with individuals and groups inside and outside the organization.
- Represents the company in a professional manner.
- Trustworthy and maintains extreme confidentiality.
- Detailed and thorough in work habits with multi-tasking ability.
- Arrives on time and works hours needed to fulfill assigned responsibilities.
- Must be a self-starter with minimum supervision and makes good independent judgments.