CIT is a leading national bank focused on empowering businesses and personal savers with the financial agility to navigate their goals. CIT Group Inc. (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with over a century of experience and operates a principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A. (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender). The company's commercial banking segment includes commercial financing, community association banking, middle market banking, equipment and vendor financing, factoring, railcar financing, treasury and payments services, and capital markets and asset management. CIT's consumer banking segment includes a national direct bank and regional branch network. Discover more at cit.com/about.
Are you a self-starter? Can you handle multiple tasks at the same time? Are you a collaborative team player? CIT is looking for a Senior Analyst in its Real Estate Underwriting Group to work with our relationship management teams. In this role, you will be a key member of a small team providing comprehensive analytical support for prospective loan transactions across a wide range of property types and markets for various clients.
CIT prides itself in its horizontal operating structure. This opportunity is a highly visible position, both internally and in the marketplace with the opportunity to grow and expand your role over time, in a dynamic operating environment.
In your role, you will:
- Underwrite commercial real estate loans including bridge, construction and terms loans for multi-family, office, retail, industrial, and hotel properties
- Work with the Relationship Manager, interact with brokers and communicate with other market participants to assist in originating new business
- Manage loan transaction workflow process
- Participate in negotiation and documentation of new loans
- Be responsible for credit approval memos and participate in the presentation to committee for credit approval
- Monitor performance on an existing portfolio of loans
- Assist in portfolio management of loans post origination, including modifications, quarterly and annual reviews.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Ideally, 1+ years of underwriting or credit analysis
- Previous commercial real estate banking experience a plus
- Ability to write clearly and think critically
CIT is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. It is CIT's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to their race or perceived race (including traits historically associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), color, national origin, nationality, ancestry, citizenship, immigration status, age, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), actual or perceived gender, gender identity, gender expression or transgender (including transgender individuals who are transitioning, have transitioned, or are perceived to be transitioning to the gender with which they identify), religion, creed, marital status, family status, domestic partnership or civil union status, affectional or sexual orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, genetic information or predisposition or carrier status (including testing and characteristics), status as a victim of domestic violence, actual or perceived status as a caregiver, military status and service, protected veteran status, mental or physical disability, perceived disability, record of disability, medical condition, AIDS and HIV status, or any other protected characteristic established by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: