Sr. Formulations Scientist
$110 - $120k + bonus and ESOP
Pensacola, FL – Relocation assistance provided.
Bell & Associates has been engaged to help our client find their next sr. Formulations Scientist. This senior level position provides technical leadership and project management in the development of new product formulations, technical transfer, and support of company strategy. This senior technical role is involved and leads in all aspects of Product Development. This role will provide technical, logistical, and financial project management as well as contribute to the development of company intellectual property. This position will serve as product SME throughout the lifecycle of assigned products, a Product Creator. This role will require coordination with all technical and quality departments as well as marketing (product design and label claim development) and Operations.
· Responsible for development of new product and product line formulations supporting company strategic initiatives.
· Design, write, and execute development protocols and reports and report progress in project meetings.
· Develop and manage project plans including timelines and budgets/contractual bids for technical services work.
· Write justifications and design selection for raw material and primary packaging materials. Work with Procurement department and supporting vendors to provide technical expertise in defining user requirements.
· Design, write, and execute development protocols and reports for engineering studies and clinical supplies.
· Manages multiple development projects at various stages from proof of concept through stability and validation in support of Chemistry and Manufacturing Controls (CMC) filing with FDA.
· Must be able to define the purpose and objective of the studies to appropriately design experiments and protocols.
· Must be able to analyze and review raw data and interpret results (i.e., pharmacokinetic studies) to provide technical guidance to management and peers of multiple departments.
· Responsible for training and transfer of new products to commercial operations.
· Must be able to manage project budget aspects including time and material costs, net profit, and monthly tracking of incurred material costs and tracking labor hours on assigned projects.