The Senior Manager Marketing will play a key leadership role within the marketing team and be responsible for Sunoco’s fuel loyalty program, Grocery partnership loyalty programs, private label credit card programs, Mystery Shop program, Customer Insights, and Customer Events. The Senior Manager will oversee a team and own the strategic relationships with numerous outside partners and/or vendors and be responsible for working with Senior Leaders across the organization. The role reports into the Senior Director of Marketing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
**Lists duties and responsibilities in rank of importance or time spent doing each function. Must constitute at least 5% of an incumbent’s time.
% of Time Duty or Responsibility
Develop and oversee the strategic roadmap for Sunoco’s fuel loyalty program, managing the overall budget, capital request process, business case, and adoption. Manage relationships and SLAs with development partners, loyalty agencies, creative agency, and internal support teams. Partner with sales and account management on program rollout, training and communication.
Oversee grocery loyalty partnership programs including strategic relationships with grocery partners and loyalty agencies, and identification of new opportunities for growth.
Develop and execute an insights strategy and technology roadmap in partnership with IT, Payments team, and external vendors to enable visibility into program performance and ability to turn insights into future strategy and execution.
Manage relationships, budgeting, and quarterly promotional planning with Sunoco’s private label credit card partners to accelerate acquisition of new accounts. Develop and launch compelling and innovative campaigns in market.
Provide strategic direction and oversight for the Sunoco Mystery Shop program ensuring that brand standards are measured and maintained. Identify opportunities to improve brand perceptions and drive brand forward.
Partner with marketing brand team to oversee brand standards at retail; staying abreast of industry and competitive trends.
Oversee Customer Insights strategy and research. Partner with Marketing leadership to identify insights and turn those insights into action. Manage quarterly brand tracking, consumer segmentation, and other ad-hoc research requests.
Direct Customer Events strategy and provide oversight of event planning and execution.
Lead and support ad-hoc marketing projects as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Strong strategic planning skills and ability to turn vision into execution
- Ability to effectively manage partners and vendors
- Superior analytic skills with the ability to draw key insights and develop clear recommendations
- Strong business acumen, project management and prioritization skills
- Proven ability to lead, manage and gain alignment across a complex, matrixed organization
- Strong communication and influencing skills required, including written, oral and formal presentation and the ability to actively participate and influence executive-level discussions and decision making
- Successful track record of developing and implementing marketing and field strategies that have consistently met or exceeded planned objectives
- Must be a self-starter who is able to thrive in fast-paced and dynamic environments
Education and/or Experience:
- 12+ years of experience in marketing, partner/vendor management, budget management, and analytics, including senior management influence
- 4+ years of people management experience is required
- Bachelor’s Degree required in marketing, communications, analytics, business or related field; MBA preferred
- Prior experience leading marketing programs is required with loyalty program experience preferred
- Experience managing partner and/or customer relationships required
- Vendor management experience is required
- Experience managing budgets is required
- Experience in the fuel, convenience, retail or CPG segment preferred
- Experience with market analytics and research is preferred
- Prior experience managing customer events is preferred
- Experience with retail brand standards preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
**Describe the things that the employee needs to know and the things the employee needs to be able to do. Link every knowledge or skill to the essential functions that have been identified earlier.
- Highly skilled/proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience preparing executive level communication and presentations
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Usually, normal office working conditions.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time due to prolonged periods of sitting or standing.
- Occasional overnight travel may be required.
- Occasional visits to industrial/manufacturing setting may be required which could cause exposure to hazardous materials such as combustible, flammable, toxic, carcinogenic and other chemicals, as well as extreme temperature conditions and loud machinery.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.