WHO WE ARE
RealPage is changing the technology real estate industry and our teammates know how to think big and leave their mark. If you want to join a globally progressive and inclusive company devoted to excellence, we are looking for you!
We are the leading global provider of software and data analytics to the real estate industry. We navigate clients toward the right decisions with data and technology insights they can only get from RealPage. Serving our clients is our highest priority and RealPage teammates are our greatest asset.
Come join a team where your work makes an impact every day!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Palo Alto Systems Engineer IV is a senior level position that provides security services to internal and external customers. The individual will design and implement Palo Alto networks devices for RealPage data centers, clouds and NSX platforms as well as remote internal and external customer sites. The engineer will be responsible for the daily management, monitoring, and troubleshooting of all RealPage Palo Alto network systems. In addition, the Engineer will regularly interact and work directly with all RealPage teams to troubleshoot network issues, discuss network architecture, present possible network solutions and enhancements, and implement agreed upon solutions.
COOL TECH YOU GET TO PLAY WITH AT REALPAGE!
- Palo Alto 7050’s, 5200’s, 3000’s, 800’s and 200’s
- Palo Alto Panorama
- Palo Alto Traps
- Palo Alto Cortex and XDR
- Palo Alto CASB (Prisma)
- F5 LTM, GTM, AFM, ASM, APM
- Cisco Nexus (9500, 9300 and 7K)
- Cisco 4000’s, 2600’s 4500’s etc
- HPE ClearPass, Controllers and Aps
- Containers Docker with Kubernetes
- Clouds AWS, Azure
- VMware NSX and VRA
- Engineer solutions utilizing Palo Alto Network’s hardware and software stack.
- Configure, monitor, and troubleshoot IPsec VPN tunnels between sites and VPN servers for remote user access.
- Perform in depth application assessments and document changes required to on board APP into RealPage Systems
- Determine operational weaknesses within the existing network infrastructure and present execution plans to overcoming those concerns in a timely fashion while still making the most cost-efficient use of resources.
- Evaluate and identify opportunities to improve the security and/or performance of existing environments.
- Interact with other teams to provide escalation support during outages and customer issues even if the problem might not be directly related to the network infrastructure.
- Interact directly with technical and non-technical customers/vendors to resolve incidents and manage project tasks.
- Work to completion all projects assigned to the engineer and exhaust all possible resources in order to provide results on time, within specifications, and on budget.
- Actively monitor and react to real-time network conditions and make recommendations on improving monitoring and reporting.
- Configure, monitor, and troubleshoot routing, security/NAT policies on Palo Alto physical and virtual firewalls.
- Implementation and enforcement of existing and self-designed security measures and policies to protect the RealPage and client networks from both external and internal attacks and/or abuses.
- Travel may be required to meet project objectives. Approximately <5% travel.
- PCNSE Certification or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire
- 5+ years of Hands on expertise with Palo Alto Network Systems.
- 5+ years of progressive network engineering experience in enterprise and data-center environments.
- In depth knowledge and experience with the implementation and support of switched and routed networks and associated protocols: TCP/IP, NAT/PAT, HSRP, STP, PBR
- Ability to work as a member of a cross functional team.
- Ability to document solutions with Visio, Word and PowerPoint.
- Must have ability to effectively communicate with clients, management, and peers.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work an on-call rotation (1 week ever 2-3 months)
- Palo Alto Engineering and Deployment experience
- Hands on experience with AWS and Azure cloud architectures
- Experience with F5 Load Balancers including NGINX
- Experience and/or knowledge of Docker Containers with Kubernetes
- Network automation tools such as ansible or python
- Application stack layer 3-7
- Positive attitude with a love of learning new tech.
WHAT WE OFFER
At RealPage, we’re always looking for talented professionals who thrive in a learning work environment that continually supports individual greatness. We foster a culture of innovation and creativity. It is the things you do that bring out the best of you and RealPage.
RealPage considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, race, national origin, age, veteran, or disability status. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive work environment where all teammates feel a sense of belonging while bringing their authentic self to the table and being valued for it.