MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
Our client is a major Distribution company has an opening for a Sr. Accountant with a major emphasis on Technical Accounting to sit on their accounting team in Dallas, TX. The Sr. Accountant will be responsible for performing accounting & financial analysis for a $2B+ revenue business across a complex operational environment (i.e. multi-currency, multi-ledger, and numerous related party entities), and implementing continuous improvement efforts
Our client is a major Distribution company has an opening for a Sr. Accountant with a major emphasis on Technical Accounting to sit on their accounting team in Dallas, TX. The Sr. Accountant will be responsible for performing accounting & financial analysis for a $2B+ revenue business across a complex operational environment (i.e. multi-currency, multi-ledger, and numerous related party entities), and implementing continuous improvement efforts.
- Provide subject matter and technical expertise associated with improving accounting processes and help identify issues pertaining to the application of US GAAP for a variety of complex special project
- Lead in system implementation and continuous improvement initiatives related to complex monthly accounting processes.
- Mentor/Train Staff Accountants. Review, approve, and provide guidance related to reconciliations and analysis performed by Staff Accountants.
- Collaborate with Supply Chain Management and Commercial Finance personnel to improve processes related to various subsystem, inventory, COS, Revenue, and Gross Profit reconciliations and analyses.
- Assist in preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual close procedures. This includes providing financial analysis and support for audited financials and preparation of yearly audit schedules to third party Big 4 audit personnel
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure information is properly recorded in the General Ledger. This would include the administration of accounting associated with Leases, Fixed Assets, Revenue Reserves, and Payroll
- Some tasks above may be the sole responsibility of only one Senior Accountant.
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting
- Professional certification such as a CPA and CMA preferred
- Minimum 5 years of general ledger accounting experience in corporate environment, preferably in wholesale distribution, Public Accounting/Consulting experience highly desired.
- Experience working with SAP S4 Hana ERP system
- Experience working with a large and diversified organizational structure and chart of accounts
- Proven track record working for a company with gross revenues in excess of $1 billion dollars per year
- Experience working through system implementations, ERP systems preferred
- Strong analytical and problem -solving skills
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of technical accounting research, consolidation, leases, and fixed assets.
- Understanding of business law, technical guidance, statistics, cost accounting, and general management as related to accounting
- Strong oral and written communication, presentation, and organizational skills
- Effective Time Management skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to interface effectively with various levels within the organization
- Advanced Excel skills, and proficiency in the utilization of other MS products (Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Ability to multi-task and complete projects within specific deadlines
- Competitive salary
- Full compensation package
- Job-Type: Full-time