WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a global leader in Engineering, Architecture and Consulting professionals dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world’s infrastructure and environmental challenges. Supported by more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve our clients' complex challenges.
A global leader in engineering, planning and consulting, has partnered with communities since 1940 to solve their most complex infrastructure challenges with a legacy of expertise, experience, innovation and integrity. The firm has addressed bridge design, construction and preservation challenges with innovative and sustainable solutions. Exemplifying its depth and versatility in the bridge space, the firm, ranked Number Five by Engineering News-Record in its annual ranking of Bridge Design Firms in the United States, has partnered with clients on a full spectrum of bridge types – from conventional grade separations to major, complex river crossings, including trusses, arches, box girders and cable-stayed bridges.
Michael Baker is actively seeking a Senior Structural Bridge Designer to join our Dallas, TX office. As a part of our Transportation Engineering Team, the Designer will work with our engineering team to develop structural or civil drawings from equipment, engineering notes, sketches, and/or detailed drawings to ensure each design meets with the client is looking for.
- Utilize MicroStation to prepare engineering drawings consisting of standard arrangements, flow sheets, layouts, assemblies, isometrics, and etc.
- Work with our engineering teams in developing preliminary and final design plans and details
- Detailing of structural connections for steel and concrete structures
- Participate in design reviews to evaluate design concepts and make recommendations
- Use technical manuals to ensure compliance with company policies and applicable standards and costs such as the one employed by TXDOT.
- Ensure compliance with required design safety factors, tolerances, and specifications.
- Compile data and perform dimensional and routine calculations required for the preparations of drawings.
- Read and understand orthographic (2D) and/or isometric (3D) designs.
- Producing documents with MS Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Follow company’s standards and work with DOT Standards, when applicable
- 10 years’ experience in production of structural designs (Steel and Concrete)
- Associate Degree, preferred
- General knowledge of engineering principles and materials for structural work
- Proficiency in MicroStation
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
- Basic to advanced knowledge of 3D modeling a plus
- The ability to clearly communicate and collaborate with Engineers and Designers
- Critical thinking skills necessary with the ability to plan and conceptualize
- Capable of recognizing conflicts and discrepancies with strong attention to detail
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.