This position reports to the Fleet Operations Manager and is responsible for monitoring the daily driver schedules and deliveries in an efficient manner. In addition, the Transportation Supervisor handles driver issues and questions related to compensation, attendance and progressive discipline all while maintaining exceptional safety standards.
***The hours for this position are 12pm - 9pm Monday thru Friday *****
- Assist in driver hiring process by screening applications and conducting road tests of driver candidates.
- Administer a ride-along with drivers as needed for efficiency analysis.
- Perform capacity analysis to determine when rental or replacement equipment is needed.
- Maintain attendance records and notify Fleet Operations Manager of policy violations.
- Document hours worked to ensure weekly compensation is accurate.
- Utilize available applications to track the route progress of drivers.
- Provide feedback to routers(Planning) regarding equipment constraints, delivery windows, and items to be redelivered.
- Able to multi-task and adapt to a constantly changing environment and schedule when needed.
- Maintain communication and relationship with warehouse management regarding loading/unloading issues.
- Function as a liaison between fleet drivers and Daltile Transportation Planners to help resolve delivery issues.
- Serve as liaison between drivers and leasing companies regarding equipment issues.
- Communicate customer profile information to routers(Planning) to aid in file maintenance updates.
- Generate reports relevant to departure, delivery, equipment usage and mileage variances.
- Maintain current driver/equipment database in Peoplenet and McLeod.
- Interfaces with Peoplenet and repair vendors to resolve issues with in-cab units to include technical questions as well as the tracking of units sent for repair.
- Able to monitor and record daily metrics for weekly reporting as needed.
- Able to work multiple shifts or weekends as needed and cover co-worker vacations as requested.
- Performs any additional function requested by management/supervision.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Class A driver license within preferred but not required.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
Excellent knowledge of current FMCSA and DOT regulations.
Prior experience as a Dispatcher or Supervisor in a Transportation setting is required.
Must have excellent attendance record. Must have verifiable work history with references.
Proficient with basic software applications (Word, Excel) is necessary.
Prior supervisory experience required.
Previous Transportation Management Software experience preferred but not required.
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.