Are you looking for more?
At Mohawk Industries, we’re committed to more – more customer solutions, more process improvements, more sustainable manufacturing and more opportunities for our team.
As a Fortune 500, global flooring leader with some of the best-known brands in the industry, Mohawk is a great place to start or develop your career with an emphasis on more of what’s important to you. Whether you want to lead more, innovate more, learn more or create more, you can find your more with Mohawk.
This position is responsible for fleet efficiencies as they pertain directly to the P&L by managing daily operations and driver performance. These efficiencies will be managed through required reporting from current and future fleet management solutions. In addition, the role handles dispatching duties, driver issues and questions related to compensation, both paid and non-paid time off, safety, along with any other issues relayed by drivers.
- Directly supervises and dispatches drivers. Active in the driver hiring process and consults Manager Fleet Operations with all issues related to daily operations and the improvement of the company.
- Provides daily, weekly and monthly reporting for real time performance evaluations of the fleet.
- Responsible for the day to day operations and decision making within the business unit.
- Will be the first contact regarding customer complaints both internal and external with the responsibility of investigating the complaint thoroughly and presenting to Fleet Operations Manager.
- Conducts one on one driver meetings to communicate performance evaluations through various reporting.
- Responsible for overall Safety Rating of the Fleet in accordance with DOT rules and regulations.
- Assists in driver hiring process by screening applications and conducting interviews of driver candidates.
- Performs capacity analysis to determine when rental equipment or temporary drivers are needed.
- Maintains attendance records and notifies Fleet Operations Manager of policy violations.
- Documents hours or mileage worked to ensure weekly compensation is accurate.
- Utilizes various applications to track the progress of drivers.
- Provides feedback to internal and external customers regarding equipment constraints, delivery windows, etc. Communicates with distribution warehouse management regarding loading issues.
- Functions as a liaison between the shipper, driver, and receiver to help resolve delivery issues. Also serves as liaison between drivers and maintenance department regarding equipment issues.
- Generates reports relevant to departure, delivery, equipment usage and mileage variances.
- Maintains current driver/equipment database in multiple systems including McLeod, PeopleNet, etc.
- Ensures all company issued equipment to include fuel card, keys, door fobs, electronic toll device, etc. are accounted for and returned upon employee leaving the company for any reason.
- Is present and participates in quarterly safety meetings at the request of management.
- Communicates with drivers and staff thru brief but detailed voicemail system as well as end of shift report.
- Performs other roles and duties requested by management inherent to normal transportation operations.
Experience and Requirements:
- Minimum of 10 years driver supervision and fleet management experience
- Strong working knowledge of tractor/trailer components and functionality
- Basic knowledge of current DOT regulations.
- Prior dispatch employment with a proven history of success.
- Experience and understanding of basic dispatch software (preferably McLeod Software)
- Must have verifiable work history with excellent attendance record to include references.
- Proficient with basic software applications (Excel, Word, Power Point) is necessary.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Class A commercial driving experience encouraged but not required.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. The ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions and percentages.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills to allow interaction with coworkers, management and customers.
- Ability and willingness to challenge established practices and draw relevant conclusions; ability to persuade, market and sell new ideas; ability to work in a high-pressure environment and exercise good judgment to resolve problems in the absence of formalized guidelines and procedures.
- Excellent human resource management skills to effectively lead and direct a diverse work group; to achieve results through team efforts, and the desire and ability to motivate, persuade and direct the activities of others.
- Work will be conducted within normal business office settings and culture.
Disclaimer: The information on this description was prepared by Compensation and department management and is designed to indicate the general nature and level of the work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.