ABF Freight is a logistics company with creative problem solvers who deliver integrated solutions for complex supply chain challenges.
Wanting to join the ABF Freight family? In our search for top talent, we are looking for those that will further enable us to deliver on our vision and fully support our values-driven culture.
Currently, we are looking for a Supervisor Assistant to join the ABF Freight team. The Supervisor Assistant works as a team member to assist and support operations management in the oversight and directing of dock, street, and yard employees. This position supports service center personnel in solving problems and delivering innovative solutions to customers as well as works with management to meet all service center operations and sales goals.
Your contribution may include:
* Perform collections, billing, appointment scheduling, OS&D, and various other administrative functions.
* Assist leadership to motivate, counsel, and coach employees.
* Apply contractual rules to union employees and maintain employee relations with input and support of Service Center Manager.
* Communicate with supervisory personnel on service center issues.
* Aid in monitoring operations, improving profitability and growing revenue.
* Work with the Regional Maintenance Manager to facilitate equipment maintenance and repairs.
* Ensure security, maintenance, and upkeep of service center.
* Enforce process compliance according to company policy and continually apply the quality process.
* Maintain a positive attitude in a fast-paced environment.
* Work in a team setting to accomplish departmental goals.
* Stand in for an absent supervisor, as needed.
* Other duties and projects, as assigned.
As the Supervisor Assistant, you will be a member of the ABF Freight Service Center Operations team. Your work hours for this position will be scheduled to support the 24/7 operation and may vary by location with irregular hours depending on workload. Ready to apply? Before doing so, please make sure you meet the minimum requirements:
Education: Bachelor's degree, preferred. Experience will be considered in lieu of formal education.
Experience: Prior experience in transportation and/or supervisory experience, preferred.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to learn new systems quickly.
If you require accommodation in the application process, please contact