We are looking for a Senior Vice President to join our team to inspire, lead, and grow a world-class technology team. This executive leader will be responsible for supporting our internal business functions / business partners, associated long term strategy and technology roadmaps, delivery of our business systems (including Company and others), and operational support. Additional responsibilities may include vendor partner relationships / systems integration, large program implementations, data strategy, systems engineering, industry / customer interactions, and more.
This leader will partner with our internal business partners to understand their business, strategy, direction, challenges and systems / functionality gaps to create a future state vision. They will lead a team that will build business cases to support modernization, evaluate / understand all aspects of organizational and program financials, manage execution and partner with internal orgs to ensure alignment and a go forward strategy. They must understand modern solution approaches and be able to lead an architecture team capable of option analysis and future state vision.
In Business Technology, we leverage predominantly Company cloud technologies as well as other commercial enterprise grade applications (Finance, HR, etc.). We are considered customer zero internal to Company. This executive must build and operate an organization of scale, supporting the products and services that are used by our global teams every day.
The SVP Business Technology will partner and work directly with cross functional organizations company wide including our Company product and engineering teams, enterprise architecture, product management, project management, tech enablement, enterprise operations, business partners and external partners to execute the Company technology systems and new programs. They will provide key oversight and input into our annual and multi year technology investment processes for both internal IT as well as other areas of the business seeking our partnership such as Company Ventures. They must be able to leverage modern best practices (e.g. agile, delivery excellence, etc.) to accomplish the above. Must be well versed in cloud technology implementation and support including Company.
This role is also responsible for customer interactions and telling the story of how we run Company on Company as well as generally partnering as needed with customers for their success. Our Business Technology team is global and this SVP must be able to collaborate worldwide with our various business partners and customers in our Global Operating Model. Global travel is required to our worldwide locations.
Key Leadership Qualities:
- Strategic Thinker: Ability to translate details into bigger picture implications driving the business forward, challenging the status quo. Understands industry, market and organizational dynamics with the intellectual horse-power to handle growing complexity and ambiguity. Aligns the right resources to the task at hand; foresees and plans around obstacles.
- Talent Management: Has a passion for building great teams - proven ability to develop others who have significantly contributed to company success with a history of making good hiring decisions and developing a strong bench of successors. Champions talent beyond own organization
- Innovate for Growth: Always thinking about how to make improvements; able to implement changes that map to business strategy. Stays abreast of cutting edge technology trends.
- Focus on Customer Success: Builds and maintains relationships with customers; shapes solutions that have significant positive impact on their business.
- Builds Trust and Credibility: Makes decisions based on organization’s values - actions are consistent with company’s core values. Ability to set clear vision - role models a growth mindset and shares mistakes widely for others to benefit and embraces a learning mentality.
- Lead & Adapt to Change: Thrives in a changing, dynamic environment and can drive operational efficiencies that map to changing needs. Relishes leading even when times are tough and models the attributes of a GREAT leader. Company Great Leader characteristics include being Company Smart, ability to Get it Done, Win as a Team, Motivate and Champion, and being a Courageous Communicator.
- As a courageous leader, one must be able to take an unpopular stand if necessary for the betterment of our business. Must encourage a transparent and healthy debate while seeking the best alternative. This leader is looked to for direction in a crisis, faces adversity head on, and is energized by tough challenges.
- Inspire, build, lead, retain, develop and grow a world-class, global technology team (technical, leadership, business, and functional skill sets)
- Build a talented and high performing organization - fostering a Company values driven work culture.
- In partnership with your peers, this individual must create and execute a compelling and long term enterprise systems strategy and product roadmap for each organization that drives fast and scalable cloud based and as needed, virtual private applications to support our global business.
- Create an organization that delivers both compelling vision and deliverables that extend our market leadership.
- Be a frequent and high profile speaker and representative of the CIO organization, promoting and evangelizing our view as Customer Zero with our Company on Company adoption at industry events, briefings, and with both internal and external executive stakeholders.
- Oversee agile, iterative, predictable product development at large scale and deliver results as committed
- Experience leading large teams responsible for planning and delivering large scale cloud software products.
- 15+ years of experience leading IT product portfolios, systems delivery, and/or software engineering teams
- 10+ years of systems design, engineering, or support ideally with prior cloud application engineering and delivery of Company and other cloud platforms, experienced with supporting software delivery for ERP and HR systems environments
- Exceptional leadership capabilities and strong interpersonal skills. Has shown an ability to grow, develop, and retain top technical and product management talent. Has a deep understanding of development processes and methodologies.
- Exceptional communicator with a strong ability to influence and build trust with executive stakeholders, employees, customers. Must be comfortable in presenting to both business and technical executives.
- Understanding of business controls (SOX, GDPR, etc.) and necessary automation to meet regulatory and controls commitments, putting security first and foremost in all we do.
- Represent our Core Values of trust, customer success, innovation, and equality.
- Outstanding leadership skills and ability to set clear vision
- Collaborative and effective people skills and a passion for building great teams
- Long term software delivery focus with a proven track record of driving results within a high matrix business environment.
- Customer focus and the experience and skills to work directly with key customers and partner
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- B.S. Computer Science or other relevant disciplines, MBA or Masters in relevant discipline highly preferred