Reporting directly to the Deputy Chief Financial Officer, the SVP Finance will serve as a key member of the organization’s financial leadership team. In this role, the SVP Finance has overall responsibility for the coordination and timely completion of the specific business channel’s financial forecast and operating budget, including the consolidation of budgets and reports across all business functions within the channel. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have an innate ability and proven track record identifying and driving cost improvements while meeting the overall objectives and financial obligations of the business channel. The role is highly visible with frequent interaction with executive leadership and must possess not only analytical acumen but excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to influence a diverse team of senior leaders.
Role / Responsibilities
- Provide strategy financial and business support for an assigned Operation leadership team
- Ownership of P&L development, business analysis and senior management review
- Facilitate business analysis and process improvement efforts within the business units. Make and drive recommendations for action and/or improvement.
- Review strategic preparation, timeline, and distribution of the monthly and ad hoc performance reports.
- Provide commentary and guidance to the management team with respect to strategic initiatives
- Be a trusted business partner and advisor through the development of data driven insights, business drivers and predictive analytics
- Lead the planning and execution of the budgeting process, forecasting process, strategic financial planning process, and standard management reporting
- Review, analyze, and advise Executive team on the financial impact of monthly business activities and provide recommendations to improve business performance.
- Business Strategy - Short and long-term strategic plans, teaming with representatives from each functional area (Sales, Marketing, Operations, Finance, etc.) to develop/present cohesive strategies
Education / Experience Requirement
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting or related field is required.
- MBA and/or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is a plus.
- 10-15 years of relevant experience in finance and accounting working within a fast-paced high-growth organization within financial services, Mortgage industry is preferred
- Proficiency in financial planning tools.
- Exceptional skills in leadership, analytical problem solving, financial planning and modeling, and systems skills.