As an SVP of Strategic Partners at Company, you will be responsible for accelerating revenue growth for key accounts, using your experience in the transportation industry to build our credibility in the executive suite and cultivating new business across the entire supply chain with an emphasis on full truckload. This role will require new business development. In addition to identifying new business opportunities, you will be working with Company’s existing accounts, building meaningful relationships from top to bottom to allow Company and selected customers to continue to grow year-over-year. The ideal candidate will come from a large shipper and bring both operations and procurement skills along with curiosity for business development and a strong work ethic.
On our growing team, you will play a vital role in the development of our business as we continue to solidify ourselves as a major player in the 3PL space. This is a unique opportunity to leverage your experience in Supply Chain and take your career in a new direction as you contribute to a competitive, forward-thinking organization. We are looking for a seasoned leader with robust experience in the shipping industry to come in with high energy and vision, set the tone, and get results through new business acquisition and existing account penetration.
- • Leverage your experience as a trusted logistics advisor to get Company in front of senior leadership at selected regional accounts.
- • Cultivate executive sponsorship by demonstrating your depth of industry, shipper, and market knowledge.
- • Increase Company’s footprint by selling, developing and designing custom solutions for our new clients and our largest active clients.
- • Contribute to new business acquisition through consultative selling and creative vision.
- • Set the growth vision for Company’s largest accounts; develop & improve upon processes in order to continually go above & beyond for our clients.
- • Skillfully negotiate rates & volumes with accounts for a variety of transportation services.
- • Own Company’s core growth metrics for the clients in your territory.
- • Own the Quarterly Business Review process and develop innovative ways to present critical metrics to illustrate Company’s brand & growth.
- • Prevent leakage to competition by establishing best in class Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- • Prepare Corrective Action Plans (CAPs) as needed and work with operations to implement them.
- • Manage mission critical issues and ensure overall customer relationships are thriving.
- • Mentor younger sales team members when needed and appropriate.
- • Remain up-to-date on logistics, supply chain, and transportation trends.
- • Stay vigilant on competitive service offerings and technology platform innovations.
- • Be a thought leader within the organization and challenge the status quo.
- • Work in your respective market(s), traveling up to 75% or more when necessary. This is a remote role that will focus on territories in the Southeast U.S.
Education and/or Experience:
- • We are only considering candidates who are currently based out of Dallas, TX.
- • Relocation assistance will not be provided.
- • 7+ years of professional experience in the transportation industry.
- • 5+ years of experience in a transportation or supply chain role at a large shipper.
- • Experience working at a Fortune 500 shipper is strongly preferred.
- • Demonstrated ability to work closely with a sales floor and sales management.
- • Strong communication and presentation abilities.
- • Strong ability to quickly build trust with different levels of management.
- • High level of initiative and hustle.
- • Able to work independently, as the role will not be based out of an office.
- • Able to collaborate with a seasoned team of executive customer relations professionals.
- • The team will be comprised of 10+ professionals working together to drive Company’s growth.