TAX ACCOUNTANT (Public Accounting)
Tax Accountant & Bookkeeper opportunities available
Why J.A. Garrison & Co.?
- We’re growing and need dedicated self-starters to join our team!
- We’re excited to hear new perspectives and ideas!
- We value our employees – we offer an ideal work/life balance, professional growth and an excellent benefits package!
J.A. Garrison & Co., a full-service public accounting firm located in North Richland Hills, TX, provides the highest level of personalized tax, accounting, and financial services. We take pride in the countless rewarding business relationships we’ve formed while helping clients achieve their goals.
Due to continued growth, we are currently seeking a dedicated, detail-oriented team player to lead tax and accounting engagements for small to mid-size privately held businesses and individuals. Working directly with clients, managing all of their tax and accounting needs, you’ll maintain clients' books including general ledger and trial balance; prepare tax returns, bank reconciliations, journal entries and financial statements; complete tax planning and ensure tax compliance, all while developing and cultivating professional client relationships.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field
- CPA license or actively pursuing
- 2-7 years of recent public accounting tax experience progressing in scope and responsibility
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, basic financial statement presentations, bookkeeping procedures, general ledger and payroll compliance reporting
- Strong tax research, communication, organizational, client service, leadership and PC skills including MS Excel and accounting software proficiency (ProSystem fx, Creative Solutions, Thomson Reuters and/or QuickBooks software proficiency are preferred)
- Flexible attitude with the ability to effectively multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
***We are also seeking Full Charge Bookkeepers. Bachelor’s degree required; CPA license NOT required. 5+ years of high level bookkeeping experience is a must!***
We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, professional growth opportunity, the opportunity to develop a client base and control your earnings capacity and a friendly, professional and collaborative office environment with the latest technology.
If you are looking for an excellent career opportunity with a highly regarded firm and are eager to learn more about becoming a key member of our team, please submit your resume by clicking ‘Apply’ above.
J.A. Garrison & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: senior accountant, tax senior, senior tax accountant, full charge bookkeeper, staff accountant, CPA, certified public accountant, tax manager