Presidio is committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at the highest levels and has strengthened its drive to build and drive systemic DE&I change process across all levels of the organization.
Cultivating a culture of inclusion where the expression of all our differences are valued, celebrated, and add to our collective achievements.
COME BUILD YOUR FUTURE WITH PRESIDIO!
We know technology is the key to success in a connected world. The innovative solutions we provide our clients can unlock possibilities that transform their business. While technology permits that connection, technology without imagination and ingenuity cannot be effective. At Presidio, we know that it’s our people that make the connections happen.
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US? You will set your career on track for outstanding achievement with a company that knows no limits. Presidio is a leading IT solutions provider focused on Digital Infrastructure, Business Analytics, Cloud, Security & Emerging solutions.
THE ROLE: Managed Service Operations Technicians
Our Managed Service Operations Technicians earn a competitive base salary and exceptional benefit plans — along with top training and support, and recognition for high performers. If you’re coachable, persistent, smart, executive-savvy, and looking for your next great adventure, Presidio is the place for you.
WE’RE HIRING! We are actively hiring talented PMN Technicians for our Irving, Texas and Orlando, FL locations. It is a very exciting time to join the largest and most dynamic IT Solution Provider in the Country!
- Purpose: The Managed Services Operations Technician is a team member responsible for monitoring and managing customer networking, datacenter, security and collaboration platforms.
- Scope: This position will work on the Managed Services Operations team as a Technician focusing on network, voice and/or datacenter technologies, under the direct management of the Managed Services Center Operations Manager, Orlando. The technician will be the primary point of contact for all incidents into the MSC. The position is subject to shift work and a candidate would be expected to move to different shifts as needed. The candidate will be expected to interact with customers, peers and management via phone, IM, video, and email to ensure customer issues are resolved per contracted SLA’s while documenting all actions and communication in the ticketing system, ServiceNow.
- The Managed Services Operations Technician will be responsible for the monitoring and management of network, datacenter, security and voice technologies. This includes but is not limited to Cisco, VMWare, Palo Alto, Juniper, F5, HP, NetApp and other associated technologies.
- Provides remote hardware/software support; documentation, support logs and other related information throughout triage process.
- Assists in monitoring and maintaining network hardware and software; analyzes and troubleshoots the logs and tracks the nature and resolution of problems and can perform all levels of routing incident analysis.
- Interacts and works directly with multiple advanced engineering groups and vendors to escalate technical issues, provide customer updates and drive incidents to resolution often collaborating between more than one group at a time.
- Interacts with telecommunication, hardware and software vendors and operates on the customers’ behalf to drive resolution of issues while providing regular progress updates to any incident stakeholders.
- Maintains excellent communication with the Managed Services Operations Manager and supervisors on all tasks and projects. Responsible for communicating with customers, peers, team and managers regarding incident, request and change management. Creates and maintains good technical documentation.
- Uses monitoring tools to investigate potential issues or respond to monitoring events, this includes Zenoss, Nimsoft, Prognosis and EMC Smarts.
- High School Diploma/GED or Bachelor’s degree and/or military experience.
- 1+ years work or education experience maintaining, utilizing, and troubleshooting Cisco IOS.
- 1+ years work or education experience utilizing a ticketing system such as Remedy, ServiceNow.
- Possesses leadership qualities and works directly with customers to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Strong client-facing skills, assertiveness, strong communications skills, leadership and self-starter.
- Strong troubleshooting skills to respond to monitoring events and quickly triage impact and identify next steps to drive resolution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently when assigned a task and follow it through to completion.
- Ability to make sound, quick decisions to recover application availability to customers.
- Ability to work in a team and independently fix issues with little or no supervision.
- Detail and process oriented individual.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment.
- Ability to work in a 24 x 7 NOC environment to support customers’ needs.
Preferred Skills & Certifications:
- 1+ years’ work or education experience using network monitoring tools such as Nimsoft, Zenoss, Prognosis, EMC Smarts.
- 1+ years’ work or education experience maintaining, utilizing, and troubleshooting voice platforms.
- 1+ years’ work or education experience maintaining, utilizing, and troubleshooting datacenter platforms.
- Hands-on work or education experience working routing protocols MPLS, Multicast, GRE, VoIP, HSRP, QoS, L2 switching, etc.
- ITILv3 Foundation
Presidio is committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at the highest levels and has strengthened its drive to build and drive systemic DE&I change process across all levels of the organization. Cultivating a culture of inclusion where the expression of all our differences are valued, celebrated, and add to our collective achievements.
Presidio is a leading global IT solutions provider assisting clients in harnessing technology innovation and simplifying IT complexity to digitally transform their businesses and drive return on IT investment. Our Digital Infrastructure, Business Analytics, Cloud, Security & Emerging solutions enable our almost 7,000 middle market, enterprise, and government clients to take advantage of new digital revenue streams, omnichannel customer experience models, and the rich data insights generated by those interactions.
We serve as an extension of our clients’ IT teams, providing deep expertise and letting them focus on their core business. Within Presidio’s 40+ US offices and offices in Ireland, London, Singapore, and India, we support 2,800+ professionals, including 1,600 technical engineers. Presidio is a trusted advisor to our clients on a national level while also bringing our global scale and expertise to bear.
For more information visit: www.presidio.com
Presidio is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer / VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identification or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances.
To read more about discrimination protections under Federal Law, please visit: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf (Get Acrobat Reader)
If you have any difficulty using our online system and need an accommodation in the job application process due to a disability, please send an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] for assistance.
Presidio is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of protected veterans for its openings. State Employment Services, please provide priority referrals to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE:
Agencies/3rd Parties may not solicit to any employee of Presidio. Any candidate information received from any Agency/3rd Party will be considered a gift and property of Presidio, unless the Agency/3rd Party is an Authorized Vendor of Presidio with an up-to-date Presidio Contract in hand signed by Presidio Talent Acquisition. No payment will be made to any Agency/3rd Party who is not an Authorized Vendor, nor has specific approval in writing from Presidio Talent Acquisition to engage in recruitment efforts for Presidio.