Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure; provides information security; and enables Wells Fargo global customers to have 24 hours a day, 7 days a week banking access through in-branch, online, ATMs, and other channels.
Our mission is to deliver stable, secure, scalable, and innovative services at speeds that delight and satisfy our customers and unleash the skills potential of our employees.
The Chief Technology Office (CTO) is driving technology transformation in a multi-cloud technology ecosystem to deliver products and innovative solutions at scale that are stable, secure, and always on.
This Technology Executive role will join the Enterprise Application Services group within CTO. Specifically, you will lead the CTO Enterprise Application Testing Services team, an elite multi-disciplinary team of talented software engineers spanning automation, performance, and platforms. As a Technology Executive leader, you will define the vision, strategy, and roadmap for software quality across the enterprise, ensuring products and services we provide enable our developer community and support agile delivery of product releases for 3000+ applications. Igniting a culture of quality, you will work across enterprise Technology partnering with Lines of Business and the developer community to impact change improving software quality at scale, as well as customer satisfaction for products and services we provide. We are looking for an individual who is also passionate about building top performing teams that impact change and improve software quality by shifting left in the SDLC to automate testing integrated into enterprise CI/CD to resolve issues before they manifest in production.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Define test automation and performance engineering strategy, roadmap, and establish strong partnership with the Lines of Business evangelizing and igniting a culture of quality. Showcase existing test automation, continuous testing products and platforms, curate engineering academies training developers and quality engineers, and provide tech talks to cultivate DevSecOps.
- Evolve and enhance capabilities by expanding the Enterprise Test Automation Framework responsible for automated test executions to improve quality at scale by expanding Java, .NET, Python, and ETL/Data Support.
- Manage strategy and teams developing enterprise test platforms and capabilities that enable continuous testing including functional, performance, smoke, regression, service virtualization, Behavioral Driven Development (BDD), Test Driven Development (TDD), end user/mobile, and resiliency/chaos testing which are integrated into CI/CD Enterprise Pipeline and evolve continuous inspection capabilities in production.
- Lead the two core groups that provide enterprise-wide test tools supports:
- Test Environment Support: maintains tools leveraged for testing code, conducting performance and load testing, security testing, environment testing, and tool integration.
- Test Tools Technology Support: provides server software upgrade installations, performs tech refresh activities for organic growth and BAU obsolete technology replacement, patching, vulnerability remediation, baseline remediation, new software certificate renewals, annual password resets and Password Vault updates, and lastly Levels 1 through 3 support for the various tools.
- Work with the performance engineering team to ensure there are test requirements, test cases, test execution oversight, test coverage, analysis, and review test results and implementation of continuous improvements into production for critical applications.
- Innovate by piloting and introducing new capabilities that are thoughtfully curated, integrated, and maintained through the SDLC providing products for continuous testing and inspection for use in production including destructive, resiliency, chaos capabilities; as well as continuous inspection capabilities to identify defects, performance issues, and bottlenecks related to software quality leading to root cause for issues in production.
Selected candidate will be required to work within one of the following Wells Fargo locations: Raleigh, NC; Dallas, TX; Minneapolis, MN; Phoenix, AZ; New York, NY; Summit, NJ; or San Francisco, CA. Preference will be given to those candidates that either currently live in or are willing to relocate to one of these locations. Relocation assistance is available for this position.
As an Employee Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically, you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your employees feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented employees, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing employees, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
- 10+ years of software engineering experience
- 8+ years of leadership and people management experience in a large-scale technology environment
- 8+ years of experience with managing software development projects through complete release cycles
- 8+ years of experience with strategic planning in technology
- 8+ years of experience designing and implementing solutions for test automation
- A Masters degree or higher in computer science or engineering
- 8+ years of experience with Agile practices
- 5+ years of experience with systems architecture and design
- 5+ years of experience with modern software engineering technologies and tool sets
- 3+ years of managing a 100+ FTE engineering organization
- Experience with automation, regression, and performance testing
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience with one or more Test Frameworks, Capabilities & Tools: QMetry, QAF BDD/BDD2, TestNG, Karate, Selenium, JMeter, BDD (Behavioral Driven Development): Cucumber, Gherkin, TDD (Test Driven Development), ALM, Jira
- Experience with one or more Build/Platform tools: Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, Spinnaker, Harness I/O
- Experience with one or more additional technology capabilities: Artifactory, Gitlab, SonarQube, Blackduck, Checkmarx, Fortify, ThreadFix
- Willingness to work on-site at stated location on the job opening
- Ability to provide and work from a home office
- Ability to work outside of regular business hours
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time
NY-New York: 100 Park Ave - New York, NY
NC-Raleigh: 150 Fayetteville St - Raleigh, NC
NC-Raleigh: 1100 Corporate Center Dr - Raleigh, NC
MN-Minneapolis: 255 2nd Ave S - Minneapolis, MN
TX-Irving: 2975 Regent Blvd - Irving, TX
TX-DAL-Downtown Dallas: 1445 Ross Ave - Dallas, TX
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
NJ-Summit: 190 River Rd - Summit, NJ
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.