The Select Group is hiring for an experienced Transport Engineer to work fully remote on a project for one of our largest telecommunications clients. This resource will prioritize the non-revenue work known as the disconnects. The goal is to get un-used equipment out of the network, and older 40gig circuits (4 10 gig circuits banded) and migrate it to higher bandwidth circuits to optimize the network. If this is something you are interested in please apply today!
TRANSPORT ENGINEER REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong experience within Telecommunications network migrations (old networks to new)
- Must understand (where the circuits are going and the environment around the network)
- Background updating databases as-built
- Must be capable of working with older 40 gig circuits (4 X 10g circuits) - will migrate to higher bandwidth circuits
- Understanding of how to disconnect un-utilized circuits in network to free up DWDM waves
- Experienced recovering un-used bandwidth to optimize the network
- Database work (Granite preferred - Used to determine what is on the network today, and figure out where to move it to)
- Proficient ensuring a database is up-to-date with network upgrades to higher bandwidth circuits, disconnected circuits, etc.
- Understanding of an optical network (transport)
- Environment is Ciena 6500
- Big Plus: Telecommunications background
- ISP/OSP background
TRANSPORT ENGINEER RESPONSIBILITIES:
The client is struggling to keep up with the network demands from their customers. Because of this, there is a lot of legacy equipment/un-used equipment in their transport network. Due to the high demand, the client has to prioritize the revenue-generating activities (and the non-revenue work taking up bandwidth is left sitting in the network). In an effort to optimize the network, they want to recover un-used bandwidth and optimize what's out there.