Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
Our close-knit team of dedicated professionals has made us the success we are today. In exchange for their hard work, we support our people with a family-friendly work environment, a commitment to promoting from within, unique benefits that go beyond just medical and dental, and a belief that every employee deserves a productive life outside of work. If this sounds outstanding to you, take the first step forward and explore a career with Dal-Tile.
The Transportation Operations Manager is responsible for the procurement, coordination and execution of strategic routing and load planning using company assets and Mohawk/Dal-Tile approved carriers. The purpose of this position is to procure transportation capacity in a timely, safe and cost-effective manner daily. Develop and maintain a business relationship with the Mohawk private fleet and partner carriers, as well as our plant and distribution centers. Daily supervision of capacity planners/dispatchers that assures the most cost-effective solutions are deployed daily and loads are released to the distribution centers. Assist others in understanding and utilizing all resources to further enhance the most efficient method of moving freight. Analyze freight flow data and make recommendations for improvements that maximize usage of private fleet and partner carriers.
*NOT A REMOTE WORK OPPORTUNITY*
Major Functions and Scope:
- Daily supervision of Capacity Planners/Dispatchers with full responsibility and oversight of service and cost.
- Responsible for working with Carrier Relationship Manager to make certain all Capacity Planners/Dispatchers have ample amount of economical carrier options on every lane.
- Daily interaction with carriers and Carrier Relationship Manager to better understand lane synergies and grow relationships.
- Maintains a service and cost metric for each individual Capacity Planner/Dispatcher.
- Makes final decision for load tenders when cost exceeds certain ceiling rates to protect service.
- Create capacity through developing Dal-Tile lane characteristics and understanding the needs of our private fleet and partner carriers.
- Ensure all loads are covered daily with a reasonable market rate.
- Works directly with Manufacturing, RDCs, Vendors, customer service and customers.
- Develop a relationship with planning, customer service and distribution to forecast capacity needs for the team daily, weekly, quarterly and annually.
- Participates in annual Bids and RFPs along with operational kick-off calls.
- Oversees reporting to include pick-ups (scheduled, missed, extra pick-ups, etc.), route completions, and in-transit progress.
- Maintain computer record of all daily line-haul activity, service percentage, weight of loads and delay times.
- Coordinate and communicate all transportation procurement goals within the reporting structure.
- Analyze freight flow information and determine trends to make recommendations for improvements.
- Communicate with other team members concerning any alteration to the line-haul structure affecting their region.
- Maintain contact with service centers throughout the line-haul cycle ensuring freight remains in cycle within designated lanes.
- Develop strategies that reduce line-haul schedules, improve cost and load factors; and maintain service goals.
- Analyze breakdowns to determine most cost effective and timely course of action.
- College degree required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel required
- Proficient knowledge in use of TMS and ERP system preferred.
- Understanding of business usage of EDI desired.
- 10 or more years Transportation/Logistic/Carrier Management experience. Prior management experience required.
- Transportation procurement supervisory experience
- Strong problem solving and decision-making ability
- Self-managed and highly motivated
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Integrity and reliability
- Ability to forecast and logically analyze issues, evaluate alternatives, and make the best overall decisions based on service requirements, freight demand, economic factors, customer relations, and driver needs
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced setting with rapidly changing priorities
- Ability to properly plan daily goals to drive efficiency and maximize profitability for the customer and the driver
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, career opportunities, and an environment of creativity and growth. Examples include: Company Match on 401k, Employee Purchase Discount, and Tuition Reimbursement.
Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service!
Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.