The Transportation Supervisor will be responsible for the Transport Operations of Splash (In-House Fleet) located in Irving, TX and will manage a territory that consists of 10,000+ annual shipments encompassing the state of TX as well as shipments to OK, LA, MS, TN, NM, and CO. Will work closely with Houston, TX branch. Responsible for Trans Operations budget and responsible to identify and manage backhaul revenue. Responsible to control assets in excess of $10 million.
Purpose of the position:
- Administer the direction and control of all personnel, assets, and customers assigned to the Irving Transport Operations.
- Direct the Transportation 3PL (Ryder) responsible for managing the Common Carrier transportation spend and service for the assigned areas.
- Provide strong leadership to drivers, supervisors, and office staff by promoting safety, training & development, a high-performance culture, and effective decision-making.
- Improve operating efficiency through network optimization, equipment utilization, and a continuous improvement culture.
- Manage the planning and scheduling of company transport vehicles to maximize revenue producing opportunities and minimize non-productive down time and excessive overtime.
- Manage interaction and relationships with customers and stakeholders including Manufacturing Operations, Sales, Purchasing, Distribution, and Suppliers.
- Ensure full compliance with FMCSA, DOT and KDP Policies for Splash Fleet.
- Ensure that the customer interface is managed in the most effective manner
Essential job functions:
50%: Operational Responsibility for the For-Hire Carriers and Inhouse (Splash) Fleet in Irving TX.
- Lead a team of 3 Transportation coordinators on a day to day basis from order creation to execution (streamline process).
- Load planning includes raw material inbound to the plant, 3rd party revenue lanes, and local shuttle moves, outbound branch deliveries.
- Direct the planning and scheduling of company transport vehicles in Irving while maximizing revenue producing opportunities, supporting production growth, and minimize non-productive down time or excessive overtime.
- Manage the training of drivers while supporting an environment of behavioural changes associated with safety and productivity. Conduct performance discussions and reviews and take appropriate progressive disciplinary action as necessary.
- Coordinate and participate in the presentation of training programs on the safe operation of Company Transport vehicles.
- Confirm DOT/FMCSA and safety regulations are followed per driver, including monthly safety meetings, JJ Keller driver files, driver / truck audits, DVIR process, ELD audits and system knowledge.
• Manage the Transport operating budget and responsible to identify, review and implement backhaul operations to meet/exceed budgetary revenue targets.
- Work closely with the fleet team on equipment requirements (including PM’s, communication on repairs needed, fuel cards, etc.)
- Other duties and project work as required
20%: Manage interactions and relationships with all customers and stakeholders Including: Drivers, Manufacturing, Planning, Ryder (3PL).
- Effective communication day to day with coordinators and drivers
- Relationship building and continuous communication with backhaul customers
- Effective communication with internal shipping office personnel
- Collaborate and identify inbound opportunities with the Plant Supply Chain Team.
15%: Continuous Improvement in both Cost and Service for the For-Hire Carriers in Irving TX
- Review and improve upon the baseline for transportation costs
- Analysing fleet vs. carrier cost and service for best practices
- Provide input to optimize the network and align capacity cross regionally
15%: Develop and Maintain Cost and Service Metrics for the Transport Group Operations in Irving TX
- Develop a balanced scorecard for the Transport Operations Performance. Understand transportation costs including cost to operate vs. target cost, on-time performance, primary carrier utilization, and % handled by brokers. Metrics to include: Cost per truck, Empty vs. Productive miles, asset utilization, driver efficiency, backhaul efficiency/yield.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or related field preferred
- 5 years experience in Transportation
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience
- 2 years experience with Micorsoft Office products including Excel
- Experience with SAP or similar ERP is preferred
- Extensive knowledge of DOT/FMCSA
Company Overview & EEO Statement
Keurig Dr Pepper (KDP) is a leading coffee and beverage company in North America with dual headquarters in Burlington, MA and Plano, TX, with annual revenue in excess of $11 billion. KDP holds leadership positions in soft drinks, specialty coffee and tea, water, juice and juice drinks and mixers, and markets the #1 single serve coffee brewing system in the U.S. The Company maintains an unrivaled distribution system that enables its portfolio of more than 125 owned, licensed and partner brands to be available nearly everywhere people shop and consume beverages. With a wide range of hot and cold beverages that meet virtually any consumer need, KDP key brands include Keurig®, Dr Pepper®, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters®, Canada Dry®, Snapple®, Bai®, Mott’s® and The Original Donut Shop®. The Company employs more than 25,000 employees and operates more than 120 offices, manufacturing plants, warehouses and distribution centers across North America.
Benefits built for you:
Our people are the heart of our business, which is why we offer robust benefits to support your health and wellness as well as your personal and financial well-being. We also provide employee programs designed to enhance your professional growth and development while ensuring you feel valued, inspired and appreciated at work.
Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce. Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment its employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Candidates must be able to pass a background check and drug test, as applicable for the role.