Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work. (sm)
WellMed provides concierge - level medical care and service for seniors, delivered by physicians and clinic stat that understands and care about the patient’s health. WellMed’s proactive approach focuses on prevention and the complete coordination of care for patients. WellMed is now part of the Optum division under the greater UnitedHealth Group umbrella.
The Sr. Supervisor, Transportation Operations oversees day-to-day transportation operations within an assigned location to ensure professional, safe, and timely transportation of all clients and staff members. Responsible for policy and procedure adherence, workflow scheduling, employee supervision and operational efficiency of assigned location. Responsible for conducting daily/monthly vehicle inspections, on boarding and training of new hires, and attainment of goals.
Responsible for understanding performance measurements and adhering to strategies to improve and meet requirements. Works directly with dispatch services and Area Manager to ensure most efficient routing and customer demands are being met.
- Conducts daily/monthly vehicle inspections ensuring mechanically and cosmetically vehicles are functional
- Assist in conducting the quality assurance program
- Oversees all of staff development in assigned area to include workflow scheduling, hiring, training, coaching and development
- Reviews schedule, routing, and performance metrics and adjusts meet business need and requirements as needed
- Ensures company assets are kept in appropriate condition
- Reviews operational problems and policies and implements corrective actions to remedy them
- Ensures field operations remain in compliance with all WellMed and Comfort Care policies and procedures
- Produces and analyze reports for key metrics, identifies areas requiring performance improvement and develops plans to correct
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested
- Develops transportation specialist and holds them accountable for ensuring compliance with company policy and procedures
- Attends educational offerings to keep abreast of changes and comply with operational requirements
- Completes annual performance reviews for assigned staff
- Participates in process improvement efforts for assigned area and makes recommendations to management as necessary to ensure effective and efficient operations.
- Assists with counseling and corrective actions for employees
- Oversees Safety First reports and ensures accident and incident reports are completed correctly in a timely manner
- Ensures Comfort Care policies and procedures are always enforced
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 3+ years of operations experience, including two or more years of supervisor or lead experience
- Must be at least 25 years of age or older with a valid driver’s license (Class “B” license for Florida applicants only) and be able to pass a pre-employment Motor Vehicle Report check
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications to include Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to analyze operational data, draw conclusions and make recommendation to management for consideration
- Ability to effectively performance manage staff to include coaching and administering disciplinary action as appropriate
- Ability to prioritize and manage a variety of simultaneous projects
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor’s diagnosis of disease.
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations, Business Administration, Management or a related field required (4 additional years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree)
- Operations experience within a transportation industry
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) fluency
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 380,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
Job Keywords: healthcare, operations, transportation, DFW, Dallas, TX, Texas