OBOX Solutions is seeking a UX Product Designer for our Direct Client. This is a 6-12 month contract with the ability to convert to perm.
This job is a member of the User Experience (UX) and Digital Customer Experience team IT. The UX Product Designer is a thoughtful, empathetic and experienced UX professional with extensive knowledge of UX best practices and hands-on experience with interaction / visual design, information architecture, user research and UX strategy.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual to work across disciplines to take large, complex applications and transform them into simple, intuitive experiences. You’ll wear many UX hats and be responsible for conceptualizing, prototyping, presenting and delivering a variety of UX deliverables (personas, flows, research plans, test scripts, low and hi-fidelity mock ups).
Principal duties and responsibilities
· Work with a cross-functional team using agile methodology to define user stories and UX deliverables
· Influence design and product owner decisions based on UX best practices, design principles and research
· Collaborate with developers to find the most effective, expedient and efficient way to implement solutions
· Collect, analyze, present and action feedback and manage changes to deliverables
· Present work in a clear and compelling manner to stakeholders (be able to explain design recommendations by citing best practices, research data or business requirements)
· Design the visual style, interface and interaction flow of applications and experiences
· Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups and prototypes
· Develop and maintain detailed specifications and design patterns
· Gather and translate rules and assets into UX systems, programs and enterprise solutions
· Prepare, manage, update and distribute UX documentation (navigational flows, wire frames, mock-ups, use cases, task flows prototypes, content, system errors, etc.)
· Advocate for the user and collaborate with business owners to develop features and flows that align with the user’s needs
· Create research strategies based on project KPIs and develop usability test plans, scripts and scenarios for prototypes. Regularly formulate and test hypotheses during design iterations.
· Use research techniques (heuristic reviews, user interviews, remote unmoderated and in-person testing) to determine ease-of-use and comprehension of designs and ideas
· Design, recruit / schedule and moderate usability studies and user interviews
· Provide timely status reporting (including work left to do, issues, risks) on all projects
· Manage all communications necessary to get the project done including negotiating with key stakeholders