MV Transportation is seeking a Vice President of Operations who is accountable for leading school bus operations in North Texas. He/she will guide and lead the daily operation of the service in compliance with the policies of the client agency, company policy and in conformance with company procedures. This position will have responsibility for daily system performance with a focus on P&L, Labor and Client Relations and other Senior Level Operations.
*Position is located in Justin, Texas.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for all aspects of customer service, operations, financial results, people, maintenance and safety for multiple locations.
- Monitors area closely, including daily, weekly and monthly reporting and reviews. The VPO must communicate expectations clearly to all General Managers.
- Coaches and leads general managers of each operating location.
- Fills in for General Managers as needed.
- Sets expectations for safety, financial performance, employee/labor relations and client relations.
- Ensures safety regulations are being observed and all training methods are contractually and legally compliant, up to date and effective.
- Conducts location audits and reviews.
- Ensures Client expectations and contract requirements are met.
- Project management and oversight of start-ups for new contracts.
- Develops and manages talent in the area, including hiring, coaching and workforce planning.
- Works closely with Business Development and client relations.
- Performs labor negotiations and development of policies.
- Coordinates closely with Regional SVP and Regional Leadership team.
- Must have minimum 10+ years of operations management experience in school bus operations.
- Experience in working with local governments or municipalities are a key to success in this role.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- Must have superior writing skills and excellent computer skills including strength in Microsoft products with strong excel skills a major plus.
- Top flight verbal communication skills, including presenting and speaking in front of groups.
- Prior leadership as a General Manager or other Senior Leadership role strongly preferred.
- Must have excellent financial experience with creating budgets, P&L and more.
- Must have strong leadership and mentorship skills.
- Must understand how to work with multiple constituencies - employees, unions, government clients and public ridership.
- Able to build effective relationships, negotiate and handle labor arbitration and contracts.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.