The VP of Marketing and Digital Strategy will oversee, develop, and employ various marketing initiatives and branding efforts to achieve our long- and short-term organizational goals. This individual should have a successful track record of establishing and leading marketing and digital strategy in a dynamic environment. They will also oversee all e-commerce initiatives across all consumer touch-points. Their remit includes overseeing the creation of the digital product development road map, leading internal and agency resources, developing Company’s next generation experiences as well as lead those teams managing day-to-day marketing operation
This ideal candidate will possess high-level strong strategic capabilities, a strong background in branding and consumer creative, and expertise in e-commerce and marketing. They will also have significant expertise building brand awareness and being a thought leader with the ability to execute scalable strategies that drive impactful results.
The vice president of marketing and digital strategy will work in a highly collaborative environment with colleagues in Revenue Management, Loyalty, Sales and Communication to create cross-functional plans to integrate both on-line and off-line efforts within broader marketing, brand and operations initiatives. This position will report directly to the Chief Commercial Officer, will foster a strong culture of innovation, promote new practices and ideas, and provide thought leadership on all aspects of marketing, including digital customer facing technology.
- College degree in Communications, Public Relations or related field
- Professional degree in Marketing or Business preferred
- 10+ years of senior leadership experience in marketing/digital agencies or hospitality companies.
- Maturity and judgement in knowing when and how to escalate issues and balance the needs of various stakeholders, including executive leadership, human resources and legal, among others
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects, perform well under pressure and be a team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication, people and leadership skills
- Travel, hospitality or consumer media experience preferable
- Lead Company marketing and digital strategy to drive incremental revenue and enhanced brand experience across all touch-points (e.g. mobile, desktop, print, etc.) and sub-channels (e.g. social, search, display, etc.)
- Ensure brand/creative standards and campaigns are fully integrated and synced with other Sales and Marketing channels and departments
- Oversee execution of Company brand strategy and brand identity
- Focus on user experience and brand experience excellence across all consumer touch-points
- Work with internal and external resources to improve YOY performance and overall e-commerce sales channel contribution relative to other more expensive channels.
- Follow new trends, test new ideas and align new approaches with Company business goals.
- Work with data and analytics in order to generate action items and tests for new marketing ideas.
- Work closely and collaboratively with all Sales and Marketing departments with a focus on brand integrity, integrated consumer experience and speed-to-market of initiatives
- Lead and manage external media relations efforts and budget on behalf of Company Hotels & Resort
- Partner with internal communications to insure messaging is consistent