Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
Responsible for providing leadership, strategic direction and support to all aspects of clinic operations. Establishes and maintains effective professional relationships with physicians, hospital partners, staff, patients and the public. Formulates and administers policies and procedures, participates in strategic planning and business development activities and assists in the professional development of the clinic operations management team.
*This is an onsite role located in the Dallas and Fort Worth, TX market for WellMed.*
- Recommends, develops and assists in the strategic long-range planning process as it relates to all clinic departments in support of the clinics’ mission, philosophy and goals
- Evaluates and makes recommendations for business development and expansion opportunities within assigned territories
- Oversees the implementation of all expansion projects within assigned territories
- Provides leadership and mentoring to management staff in establishing department objectives related to staffing, policies and procedures
- Develops and governs the annual budget for the clinic operations area and implements plans to achieve budgetary goals
- Monitors patient satisfaction and implements plans and programs to continually enhance services provided
- Ensures all operational services meet regulatory and quality standards
- Maintains professional affiliations and enhances professional growth and development to remain current in the changing healthcare trends as related to management of clinic operations
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration or related field (8+ years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree)
- 10+ years of experience with increasing management responsibility within clinic operations
- Solid understanding of clinic financials with the ability to analyze operations and continually implement efficient operational processes
- Solid business acumen and proven strategic leadership skills
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location
- Master’s degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration or related field
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: VP of Clinic Operation, San Antonio, TX, Texas