Insolvency/Manage Wind Downs
- Assignments for the Benefit of Creditors
- Bankruptcy (Debtor, Creditor)
- Managed Wind-Downs
Turnarounds and Workouts
- Strategic Advisory
- Crisis and Interim Management
- Business Restructuring and Stabilization
- Performance Improvement
- Debt Restructuring
- Distress Transaction Specialists
- Sell-Side Representation
- Transaction Advisory
- Purchaser Representative
- Shareholder Representative
For insolvency and managed wind-down projects, we work with all parties to maximize the recoveries and manage the orderly dissolution/liquidation of the entity. In turnaround and performance improvement situations, we help company management stabilize finances and operations to reassure all parties-in-interest that proactive steps are being taken to enhance value. We develop financial projections and liquidity forecasts, improve cash flow management, obtain additional financing, negotiate loan covenant waivers and guide complex debt and operational restructuring; we also lead distressed transaction and accelerated exit processes. In addition to providing company-side services, we also provide analytical and advisory services to lenders and unsecured creditors of distressed borrowers. Outside of restructuring situations, we represent buyers, sellers or lenders involved in contemplated mergers and acquisitions, and hands-on support in evaluating opportunities across the risk/return spectrum.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES
- Responsible for hands on management of projects areas and working with teams managing projects.
- Manage outside professionals involved in projects.
- Manage clients and clients’ personnel.
- Apply project management skills to ensure projects are scoped properly, appropriate priorities are established, implementation plans are developed and executed, and projects meet Restructuring and Corporate Finance’s leadership team expectations as well as clients’ expectations.
- Apply operational business experience along with accounting, finance, and analytical skills to various clients’ situations and practice disciplines including, but not limited to, asset identification and monetization, creditor negotiation and settlement, advanced financial modeling/reporting, projections, forecasting, assessments, analysis, business plan evaluations and project management.
- Establish personal credibility, increases client satisfaction, manages client expectations, develops relationships with key decision makers, all while maintaining a professional image.
- Provide leadership, oversight, and training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Effectively communicate with clients.
- Work in a collaborative and fast paced environment.
- Assist in preparation of management and financial presentations.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with peers.
Additional work could include:
- Preparation of reports, written analyses, presentations, quantitative exhibits, and other client deliverables regarding project scope and/or results of work performed.
- Evaluate assessments and interpretations of historical financial, operational, and transactional data.
- Review complex cash flow projections and worksheets that model business processes and/or actual or hypothetical transactions or building the same.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business with an emphasis in Finance or Management preferred.
- Experience in corporate finance and restructuring industry.
- Client-side experience.
- Consulting experience with multiple simultaneous clients preferred.
- Familiarity with bankruptcy and non-bankruptcy insolvency approaches and issues with general knowledge of corporate finance and accounting principles and terminology.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, multi-task environment with a strong attention to detail; projects typically include work on-site at various client locations.
- Excellent analytical and business/cash flow modelling skills.
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills required.
- Have the flexibility to adapt and problem solve “on-the-fly.”
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure with respect to assigned tasks and engagements due to challenging deadlines, changing deliverables, and evolving task priorities.
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal), mathematical, and organizational skills.
- Proficiency with PC environment and related software, including Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong work ethic, eagerness to learn, and motivation to succeed.