The Vice President of Product Management will be responsible to lead the maturing of our capabilities by building a high performing team of product managers, product owners and business analysts in a global and matrixed team. We’re seeking someone with superb product-team building successes and a strong understanding of Agile product management processes and Pragmatic Marketing principles. We are modernizing and leapfrogging solutions continually and need leaders with the superpower of being able to overcome familiarity to find the intuitive and discover the opportunity beyond the known. If you have multiple successful experiences developing product management teams that helped the company outperform your competitors – this is the opportunity for you.
- As VP of Product Management, you are the consummate matrix team leader, adept at managing relationships, collaborating and influencing across a variety of organizational functions and geographies.
- You will guide a product team that is charged with a product’s contribution to our business, building new products and increasing the revenue and profitability of existing products.
- You must also enjoy spending time in the market to understand market problems and finding innovative solutions for the broader market.
- You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product lines, supporting the sales channel and key customers. In short, you must be prepared to communicate with all areas of the company.
- You are a strategist who will translate the company’s high-level vision and goals into actionable tasks that the team can turn into roadmaps, build consensus, and coordinate product schedules with your design and engineering teammates.
What you’ll do:
- Create a high-performing product organization that allows us to win in the marketplace
- Transform the entire product creation organization as a leader who understands Agile, teamwork, Pragmatic Marketing and Customer Centricity
- Drive the team to develop business cases and competitive analyses that allow the executive committee to support the product direction and the GTM team to reliably achieve the business objectives
- Develop a three-year roadmap for our products to illustrate our vision and plan into the future.
- Develop and maintain a business proposal that makes a compelling case for continued investment into your products.
- Collaborate with other stakeholders such as product marketing on the creation of positioning for your products.
- Ensure that the development is able to work at maximum efficiency by leading the team to create roadmaps and user stories for current and future products based on the market’s problems
- Manage the entire product line life cycle from sunsetting legacy products to prototyping and testing new features/products and ideas.
- Drive buy-build-partner analysis, and where necessary, review potential partner relationships for the product.
- Know why we are winning and losing in the market, and drive changes to our product lines, people and processes to create improvement
- Keep a finger on the pulse of our competition and develop strategies and tactics to reduce the threat and leverage opportunities.
Who you are:
- Multiple experiences in leading product managers in a transforming B2B2C SaaS company to become a marketing winning team
- Strong matrix and global leadership skills to help us transform and bring the organization with us on the product journey
- Comfortable initiating and holding professional conversations with prospective and current customers and users.
- Comfortable negotiating professionally with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Must be a strong communicator with internal and external constituents as well as large, senior groups.
- Experience in the fitness industry and/or billing and payments industries is preferred