Water Operational Technology Senior Project Manager/Regional Team Leader
Tetra Tech is looking for highly motivated, digitally agile engineers (mechanical, electrical, I&C, and/or chemical) that are interested in strategically growing with our digital transformation business. Tetra Tech’s global practice supports water and wastewater agencies across the globe with master planning, design, programming, secure remote operations and digital twin modeling. The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for managing a team that provides Control System/SCADA engineering planning, design, and programming support. Typical projects involve design activities, cost estimating, evaluations and report generation, and other engineering professional services. The candidate will provide support on business development activities, such as client visits during project pre-positioning, technical proposal development, and strategic planning. In addition, the candidate will provide project management for large control system upgrade projects.
- Planning, design, and delivery of instrumentation and control systems for the water and wastewater industry including cybersecurity;
- Lead teams developing control system designs; including plans, specifications and cost estimates;
- Select appropriate instrumentation and operator interfaces based on project requirements and process environment;
- Develop Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID), block diagrams, control system network and communications systems, schematics, panel layouts and I&C plan drawings;
- Manage the programming of a broad range of process controllers / PLCs / PAC’s including Allen-Bradley, Siemens, Modicon;
- Plan and lead the development of SCADA HMI or DCS applications in various platforms such as Wonderware (InTouch / System Platform), Allen Bradley (View32/FTView SE/ME), and GE/iFIX for stationary and mobile platforms;
- Manage the telemetry and network equipment set up and configuration including managed network switches/routers, firewall hardware devices, network radio telemetry equipment, PLC Ethernet and proprietary protocol communications cards, if required;
- Review Contractor-prepared submittals and shop drawing documents;
- Manage on-site start-up and commissioning support as well as on-going support of existing control and SCADA systems;
- Write Operations and Maintenance manuals based on developed PLC/HMI code;
- Plan and administer Owner training sessions for proper operations and maintenance;
- Strong focus on client satisfaction and repeat business, the ability to interface directly with client;
- Support the Automation Practice Lead in technology development and strategic planning for growth.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical, Electrical, Mechanical or Computer Science Engineering;
- 15+ years of experience in engineering consulting, with the focus on Water and Wastewater Control Systems/SCADA integration projects and Cybersecurity;
- Professional Engineering (PE) certification a plus;
- Wonderware System Platform certification a plus;
- Demonstrated experience working with municipal and industrial clients;
- Willingness to work outside of normal working hours for control system start-up and support activities;
- Excellent reading and writing skills;
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, and scheduling programs
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an
Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
- Organization: 200 IEW