Optum is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Associate Director, Government Programs PMO position provides strategic & tactical leadership and oversight for creating, sustaining, implementing, and driving efficient and effective project management processes in support of OptumRx Government Programs business objectives. They will also ensure that the efforts of the PMO team are aligned with OptumRx priorities, organizational direction, and culture. The Associate Director will provide direct management of department staff; review, evaluation, and prioritization of program/project requests; development and communication of project management (PM) process initiatives.
The Associate Director, Government Programs PMO is the thought leader for the PM community and identifies and advocates for improvements in project management discipline and execution to elevate project management practices. This includes defining the vision and priorities for improving PMO maturity, establishing methods for measuring value of the PMO, and identifying training and knowledge content to improve skills and standardize consistent practices and tools across the PMO.
This position will support and drive governance and prioritization with an emphasis on resource planning, project management, change management, operational metrics, and enhancements to current PMO processes and technologies. This role will have management responsibilities, both for direct staff as well as for cross functional project teams.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Provide strategic and tactical direction, and lead/manage end-to-end PMO engagement
- Develop innovative ways to improve efficiency, capacity, and quality of PMO-led initiatives
- Oversee portfolio planning, program planning, capacity and demand planning throughout the year and attend critical project meetings
- Oversee and identify resource needs, allocate appropriate resources, and continually monitor progress to ensure timely delivered features; as well as recruits and hires PM staff accordingly
- Oversee design, implement, and administer project and portfolio management policies, guidelines, methodologies, and tools/templates
- Monitor and report progress, status and issues related to program, project and planning efforts to stakeholders utilizing appropriate metrics
- Partner with a broad set of functional areas both within Government Programs and across OptumRx including external vendors, implementation, account management, operations, business, and product resources to facilitate projects as well as identify opportunities to increase awareness and alignment of the PMO with current and evolving organizational standards.
- Ensure a disciplined approach to decision-making and problem-solving, balancing the user requirements, scalability, and quality talent decisions across the enterprise
- Identify, track, and help resolve cross-functional dependencies and conflicts. Serve as a point of escalation for issue resolution when needed
- Translate business objectives into execution strategy (tactical and strategic), lead and successfully execute the strategy through strong collaboration and agile leadership
- Translates initiatives into actions through a thoughtful, organized, and well-planned approach
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of Project management experience including applying project management methodology in a practical manner with a successful track record
- 5+ years of SharePoint administration and/or process improvement experience
- 2+ years of experience in managing teams
- 2+ years of experience working for a healthcare payer and/or PBM
- Project experience in managing complex initiatives; mitigating risk, balancing multiple projects with conflicting and changing deadlines
- Expert proficiency with MS Office applications, specifically PowerPoint, Excel and SharePoint
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Facilitation training or certification
- Experience working on a virtual team
- Experience interfacing with internal and external clients
- Experience presenting to executive leadership
- Experience managing/overseeing vendors
- Experience adapting in a dynamic and high-growth environment
- Self-starter with proven experience to drive cross-functional teams to deliver exceptional outcomes
- Employs objective, collaborative approach
- Exceptional written, verbal, critical thinking, organizational, problem solving and presentation skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.