Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges. Eden Prairie, MN preferred.
- Provide a full range of legal advice and services with an emphasis on providing support to OptumInsight’s businesses that serve healthcare providers
- Provide legal advice and services on issues concerning the rights, obligations, risks and privileges of the organization
- Protect and advance the organization’s rights and obligations in contract negotiations and disputes
- Acquire deep knowledge of healthcare provider operations, the outsourcing services industry and the specific business practices of OptumInsight’s businesses that serve healthcare providers
- Draft and negotiate complex transaction agreements and associated documents with customers, vendors, subcontractors and strategic partners
- Support day-to-day operations of OptumInsight’s businesses that serve healthcare providers
- Frequently interact with senior legal and business leaders and outside counsel on legal issues
- Collaborate with business leaders and influence the organization to resolve legal issues of varying degrees of impact and significance
- Provide legal support for strategic product solution offerings
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Juris Doctorate degree and current licensure to practice law
- 3+ years of legal experience
- Experience providing advice to senior business leaders
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Experience with and demonstrated understanding of healthcare laws and regulations, including state and federal privacy laws.
- Experience drafting and negotiating commercial agreements
- Experience collaborating across a matrixed business and legal environment
- Ability to understand and synthesize business issues related to assigned legal projects
- Experience evaluating and determining appropriate legal course of action to meet business unit needs
- Experience building and maintaining rapport with managers, peers, and external company contacts
- Experience with healthcare billing and collections
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 7, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Associate General Counsel, General Counsel, Legal, Law, Counsel, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote