Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy that’s served our community for more than 125 years. Put your skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a talented team where patient care is more than a job. It’s our passion.
Performs clerical work covered by standing instructions that requires general knowledge of department or hospital procedures.
MINIMUM SPECIFICATIONS Education
- Must have one year of clerical experience.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience
Skills or Special Abilities
- Must be able to demonstrate general clerical skills.
- Must be able to type.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with patients, visitors and hospital staff.
1. Answers telephone, takes messages, routes calls and provides standard information to callers.
2. Picks up, sorts, and delivers mail.
3. Monitors office supplies and places orders to maintain required levels.
4. Receives information from various sources and maintains it in standard form.
5. Classifies and accurately files materials in a simple serial classification system, and indexes routine materials following standing instructions and/or precedent.
6. Maintains files of documents. Posts, dates, and archives information to assure accuracy. Distributes material at established times and/or in accordance with predetermined channels.
7. Types standardized forms, routine correspondence and reports.
8. Greets incoming visitors, exchanges information, and takes appropriate standardized action to ensure contacts are made.
9. Identifies ways to improve work processes and improve customer (internal as well as external) satisfaction and makes recommendations to supervisor.
10. Stays abreast of changes to procedures to ensure quality service is provided. Attends inhouse seminars, reads internal publications, and integrates knowledge gained into current work practices.
11. Maintains a positive working relationship with co-workers to ensure efficient work processes.
12. Maintains knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, policies, laws, and guidelines that impact the Clerical area. Develops effective internal controls that promote adherence to applicable state/federal laws, and the program requirements of accreditation agencies and federal, state, and private health plans. Seeks advice and guidance as necessary to ensure proper understanding.
1. Identifies ways to improve work processes and improve customer satisfaction. Makes recommendations to supervisor, implements, and monitors results as appropriate in support of the overall goals of the department and Parkland.
2. Stays abreast of the latest developments, advancements, and trends in the field by attending seminars/workshops, reading professional journals, actively participating in professional organizations, and/or maintaining certification or licensure. Integrates knowledge gained into current work practices.
3. Maintains knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, policies, laws and guidelines that impact the area. Develops effective internal controls designed to promote adherence with applicable laws, accreditation agency requirements, and federal, state, and private health plans. Seeks advice and guidance as needed to ensure proper understanding.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Clerical, Healthcare Administration, Patient Care, Administrative, Healthcare