To perform cashier jobs successfully, cashiers should possess good communication skills and basic math knowledge. Cashiers and other store employees must also work in a busy and fast-paced environment with co-workers and customers of various backgrounds.
Responsibilities Include but not limited to :
- Greeting customers and ringing up purchases.
- Cashiers must include stocking products and completing other administrative requirements.
- Cashiers must also help with warehouse opening and closing duties, which may include place misplaced products back to the shelves, stocking the registers, cleaning the checkout area, and collecting register paperwork.
- Cashiers should perform these and all of their other duties keeping in mind productivity guidelines and safety procedures.
- All employees must complete training programs.
- Cashier must know how to most efficiently process debit, check and cash payments, gather account information and stock customer's carts.
- Cashiers must look presentable
- Must be able to Communicate well, verbally and written.
- Capable of performing repetitive tasks.
- Cashier should be willing and able to listen to both their managers and the customers.
- Cashiers should be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision, but also able to work as part of a team.
- Professionalism and friendliness are extremely valuable, as is flexibility and willingness to take on a variety of tasks. Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
- Must be able to accurately follow written and verbal instructions.
- Must be able to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Prolonged standing and repetitive motions, bending, stooping, pushing, and pulling.
- May be required to frequently lift up to 60 lbs.
- Hand dexterity and strength.
- Overtime maybe required.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- One year of previous Cashier work experience
- Two to three years of work experience
- Knowledge of safe work practices
- High School diploma or GED preferred. Ability to read/write
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Must be able to pass a background check
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $11.00 - $13.00 per hour
To keep our cashiers as safe as possible, we've installed clear plastic barriers, and provided masks, gloves and hand sanitizer.