Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth & Investment Management, or WIM, is one of the United States’ leading providers of financial and investment services. WIM provides a full range of personalized wealth management, investment, and retirement products and services to meet clients’ unique needs and help them achieve financial goals. Our mission is to help clients pursue their financial goals with confidence. We accomplish this by:
o Building enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful, and objective advice
o Developing individualized plans for clients to help meet their financial objectives
o Helping clients build, manage, preserve, and transition their financial resources and wealth
WIM serves clients through the following businesses:
o Wells Fargo Private Bank serves high-net-worth individuals and families.
o Wells Fargo Advisors provides investment advice and guidance to clients through more than 13,200 full-service financial advisors and referrals from more than 5,450 licensed bankers.
o Wells Fargo Asset Management brings together a strategic balance of investment capabilities to serve the investment needs of institutions, financial advisors, and individuals worldwide.
Through Wells Fargo Private Bank, WIM is also a leading provider of trust, investment, and fiduciary services, including personal trust services and a number of specialized wealth services designed to meet the diverse needs of high-net-worth clients.
The Banking, Lending, & Trust Business Control team has a new opportunity for a Control Senior Associate. The Control Senior Associate will collaborate with business partners to monitor and assess the operating and control environment on an ongoing basis. High attention to detail, organization, business process mapping (RCSA), excellent communication skills, and an understanding of consumer lending and/or banking are key to the success of this role.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
• Support Business Control Leaders and Control Executive in ensuring effective front line risk identification, measurement, monitoring, controls and mitigation; counseling business leaders on risk, issues, and remediation.
• Maintain deep and dynamic understanding of key consumer credit business processes
• Identify and assess risks with the consumer credit business
• Support the design of new and enhance existing controls in partnership with consumer credit business owners including effectiveness measures, implementation support, validation of effectiveness post-implementation, and controls evaluation based on defined triggers
• Trace controls back to formal, documented business procedures owned in the business
• Provide support for ongoing monitoring and assessment of the operating/control environment, including business environment changes such as new business initiatives, product change, regulatory change, and/or enterprise policy change.
• Execute reporting related to relevant program metrics, issues management, risk control self-assessments, and other related programs and projects
• Support a strong risk management culture through the implementation of key risk management programs into the standard operating framework of the business
- 5+ years of experience in risk management or 5+ years of financial services industry experience, of which 3+ years must include direct experience in risk management
- Exposure to Wells Fargo RCSA (Risk and Control Self Assessment) tool
- Ability to identify risk factors and ensure enactment of appropriate controls
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including those related to conflict resolution
- Knowledge and understanding of consumer lending regulations
- Ability to lead and operate collaboratively, execution focused, and results oriented
- Strong analytical skills with ability to draw conclusions and translate findings
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact with integrity and a high level of professionalism with all levels of team members and management
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Meaningful knowledge across enterprise risk management framework, including: risk identification, risk appetite and strategy, risk-related decisions, processes and controls, risk analytics and governance.
- Understanding of WIM business units
- Understanding of banking/lending, specifically with Consumer lending.
- Facilitation skills, including ability to facilitate decision-making.
- Experience leading audit/testing engagements within banking/lending
- Experience with Issue Management and leading issue validations and corrective actions.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills as well as ability to gain an understanding of and evaluate the internal controls of previously unfamiliar areas.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
NC-Charlotte: 301 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
IA-Des Moines: 800 Walnut St - Des Moines, IA
MO-Saint Louis: 1 N Jefferson Ave - Saint Louis, MO
TX-Irving: 250 E John Carpenter Freeway - Irving, TX
TX-DAL-Downtown Dallas: 1445 Ross Ave - Dallas, TX
AZ-PHX-Northwest Phoenix: 2222 W Rose Garden Ln - Phoenix, AZ
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.