Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Chief Operating Office (COO) is responsible for delivering a more consistent approach to business operations across Wells Fargo, strengthening the company’s risk and control infrastructure, and delivering effective and efficient enterprise services to employees and customers.
The COO group includes the head of Operations, who is jointly responsible for line of business operations with each of the five LOB CEOs. Operations functions include contact center operations, client servicing support, money movements within our businesses, lending operations, and other functions.
The COO group also includes a number of teams dedicated to strengthening Wells Fargo’s risk and control infrastructure. These include the Control Executive team; Regulatory and Policy Affairs; Enterprise Customer Excellence; Sales Practices Oversight and Management; and Strategic Execution and Operations.
The Chief Administrative Office, encompassing the Corporate Properties Group; Corporate Security; Enterprise Business Resiliency; Strategic Programs and Process Improvement; Enterprise Change Management; Supply Chain Management; and Data Management and Insights, delivers important services for our employees and customers.
This newly created role of Data Management Consultant 1 (DMC 1) will report into the Strategic Capabilities Lead under in the Privacy Management & Execution group. This team will partner with resources across the enterprise to support legacy solutions as well as the remediation project, LOBs and the technology organization to drive remediation exercises relating to personal data.
In general, a DMC 1 designs and monitors data governance, data quality and metadata policies, standards, tools, processes or procedures to ensure data control and remediation for enterprise-wide data management functions. Works with business and technology partners or subject matter experts to document or maintain business or technical metadata about systems, business/data elements, and/or data-related controls. Supports issue remediation by performing basic to mildly complex data profiling, data/business analysis, and data mapping as part of root cause / impact analysis. Participates in requirement gathering and solution design in partnership with senior team members when interacting with business/technology partners. Responsible for basic documentation that supports communications related to requirements, design decisions, issue closure, and /or remediation updates.
- Partner with other team resources to support legacy Data Privacy solutions and execute initiatives under the Data Privacy Remediation Center of Excellence.
- Provide operational support to ensure critical processes are executed in a timely manner to ensure uninterrupted processing of key enterprise functions.
- Support documentation of existing processes and create documentation for new processes to ensure compliance with internal and external compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Execution of required self-assurance tasks required to demonstrate both internal and external compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Support Data Privacy related program and project deliverables, when available.
- Develop deep and broad partnership across business, technology and operations teams.
- Acts as a liaison between client area, enterprise Lines of Business and technical organization
- 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: data management, data governance, data quality, data analysis demonstrated through work or military experience
- 2+ years of experience with Waterfall and Agile project methodologies
- 2+ years of compliance and regulatory systems experience
- 2+ years of experience with Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) concepts
- 2+ years of experience working with information security controls and deployments in a production environment
- 2+ years of SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) experience
- 2+ years of experience with data analysis and documentation
- 2+ years of process definition and documentation experience
- 2+ years of experience writing Business Requirements Documents (BRD's)
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to interact effectively and confidently with senior management
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Knowledge and understanding of U.S. privacy laws and regulations
- SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) experience
- Knowledge and understanding of technology testing: use case and system specifications documentation development
- Knowledge and understanding of policy documentation creation
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Ability to provide and work from a home office
- Willingness to work on-site at stated location on the job opening
NC-Charlotte: 11625 N Community House Road - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 301 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
TX-DAL-Downtown Dallas: 1445 Ross Ave - Dallas, TX
TX-Addison: 5080 Spectrum Dr - Addison, TX
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
IA-Des Moines: 800 Walnut St - Des Moines, IA
IA-Clive: 13733 University Ave - Clive, IA
AZ-Tempe: 1150 W Washington St - Tempe, AZ
GA-Atlanta: 171 17th St Nw - Atlanta, GA
TX-Irving: 5000 Riverside Drive - Irving, TX
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.