Overview:Our Saginaw Family Practice has option(s) available for Registered Dental Hygienists, where you can achieve a work balance that works for you and your family.
The Saginaw Family practice is seeking a Registered Dental Hygienist to work 16 - 32 hours between Monday - Friday [Part Time] with the office being located at 1453 N Saginaw Blvd, Saginaw, Texas 76179.
We are offering a $2,500 sign on bonus and New Grads are encouraged to apply!
Our total rewards offer you more fulfilling way to practice:
- Competitive hourly pay and bonus potential
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k retirement plan
- Paid holidays and vacation time
Our production model offers you nearly limitless earning potential with tyhew ability to set your own goals.
At Great Expressions, you'll enjoy a competitive base salary as well as incentive compensation based off of a percentage of production instead of collections, meaning you'll enjoy nearly uncapped earning potential driven entirely by your work ethic. We empower you to deliver the care your patients need and we reward you for your dedication and commitment to hygiene excellence.
Your safety and wellbeing matter.
To maintain the health of our team members and patients throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, we have implemented a number of safety measures throughout our practices, including additional sanitation, providing personal protective equipment, and maintaining social distancing whenever possible. Our goal is to make sure you feel as safe as possible at work, so you can focus on providing exceptional patient care.
COVID-19: Great Expressions and all supported dental offices comply with all local, state and federal regulations. Employment is contingent upon an individual's continued compliance with regulations and Great Expressions' policy, including COVID-19 vaccination or testing.Responsibilities:Depending on the state regulations, a Dental Hygienist:
- Performs oral healthcare and risk assessments which include but not limited to:
- Evaluates a patient's current health status including all medications
- Performs an extraoral and intraoral examination and oral cancer screening
- Completes a comprehensive dental and periodontal charting that includes a detailed description and evaluation of the gingiva and periodontium
- Develops a dental hygiene diagnosis based on the oral health findings
- Exposes, processes, and interprets dental radiographs (x-rays)
- Removes biofilm plaque and calculus (soft and hard deposits) from teeth both coronal and apical to (above and below) the gingival margin (gumline) using dental instruments
- Applies caries-preventive agents such as fluorides and sealants to the teeth
- Discusses the progress being made toward isolating evidence that notes the potential association between systemic and oral health and disease
- Provides patient education on biofilm plaque control and home care protocol by incorporating techniques and products that will become part of an individualized self- care oral hygiene program
- Counsels and coordinates tobacco cessation programs
- Educates patients on the importance of good nutrition for maintaining optimal oral health
- Ensures that the patient knows why they need continuing care and that they have a follow up appointment that is set by the office
- Degree or certificate in Dental Hygiene from an accredited program and a valid state license
- X-Ray/Radiology Certification where state regulations specify, otherwise preferred
- Dental Assisting Certification required where state regulations specify
- Past experience as a medical assistant, dental assistant, or in a customer-focused role desired