Spire Hospitality is a nationally recognized third-party hotel management company specializing in creating value for our hotel investors while delivering exceptional guest experiences and providing an outstanding place to work. The Irving, TX-based company's diverse portfolio of properties includes unique independent hotels and highly respected brands, including Marriott, Hilton and IHG. Spire is part of the AWH Partners family, which also includes AWH Development, a full-service real estate development company headquartered in New York. With more than 35 years of hotel operating experience, Spire is committed to redefine Hospitality with our continued focus on People, Passion, and Purpose!
The purpose of the Development Analyst is to support all functions related to the creation of hotel proformas including underwriting, market analysis, due diligence, ad-hoc analysis projects, preparation of ROI's, preparation of memorandums to senior and executive management, and third party management transition assumptions; participate with the analysis and coordinate activities relating to creation and presentation of annual budgets, forecasts and KPI projections for managed hotels; Position will also assist with analytical projects related to high impact business decisions as directed.
Hotel Underwriting & Proformas
- Produce operational underwriting models examining opportunities in all Hotel and Resort property types.
- Maintains a level of knowledge of current portfolio operating performance and resourcefully incorporates it into the underwriting process to enhance accuracy.
- Review offering memorandums, financial statements, and other due diligence materials. Uncover value-add and operational improvement opportunities in targeted hotels.
- Participate in Due Diligence and Transitions for acquisition, management, and consulting projects.
Budgeting & Forecasting
- Analyze, maintain, and improve existing financial models such as Operating budgets, CapEx, Underwriting, and Cashflow projections. Develop new models as needed.
- Create and distribute budgets for various P&L accounts managed at the corporate level (Property Taxes, Franchise fees, etc.) and publish general budget assumptions working with Leadership Team.
- Support the budget and annual forecast processes for hotels and management company ensuring accuracy, establishing schedule, and holding various hotel and corporate level participants to deadlines in order to ensure investor due dates are met.
- Analyze financial information to forecast business, industry, and economic conditions for use in making investment decisions.
- Gather and compile information such as industry, regulatory, and economic information, company financial statements, financial periodicals, and other resources for decision making.
- Develop charts, graphs and other reporting tools to augment reports and schedules.
- Create a wide variety of analysis schedules.
- Communicate with hotels and senior management to ensure deadlines are met.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.